Marlins vs Diamondbacks---7:05et---at the PRO

Ramp

I will never understand why the rules of the game permit the catcher to do that.

I still maintain we should sign a sumo wrestler to play catcher. No one would ever score short of hitting a home run.

897711[/snapback]

The players still have to get the ball to the plate on time, whether it's a sumo wrestler or anyone else.

I will never understand why the rules of the game permit the catcher to do that.

I still maintain we should sign a sumo wrestler to play catcher. No one would ever score short of hitting a home run.

897711[/snapback]

The players still have to get the ball to the plate on time, whether it's a sumo wrestler or anyone else.

897714[/snapback]

That out was the product of a very good throw can't blame Alex for that it took an almost perfect throw to get him

I still maintain we should sign a sumo wrestler to play catcher.? No one would ever score short of hitting a home run.

897711[/snapback]

897714[/snapback]

The runner has to touch the plate..."on time" is pretty subjective. As long as the runner hasn't touched the plate, it's on time. Runner can't touch the plate with an 800 lb. fatty sitting on top of it.