Tonight highlites the need for Lowell

JackIamYourFather

All I know is, Cabrera would never be smart enough to pull that off.

898815[/snapback]

Your knowledge of the inner workings of Miguel Cabrera's mind is startling. Is he your friend? Does he call you at home? Are you really his wife and so have this sort of knowledge? Do tell. Or least tell me the mind reader you know.

898822[/snapback]

:lol :thumbup

All I know is, Cabrera would never be smart enough to pull that off.

898815[/snapback]

who cares? is not like this play would need to be done every other game.

898825[/snapback]

Yeah, we did it our one time for the season and now it's done. I don't really think we're keeping Mikey out there for his hidden-ball trick skills.

898831[/snapback]

The point is despite his offensive troubles Mike Lowell displays a greater willingness to win than Miguel Cabrera. Cabrera swings a nice bat, but that's about it.

898841[/snapback]

It required a lot of skill to post something dumber than the first one. But you, my friend, are just that good.

I attack stupidity where I can. It's a tough job due to the sheer volume, but someone's gotta start somewhere. I'll call the BS where I see it with no compunction.

It requires mind reading to observe a player's competitive nature?

You said that Cabrera was not smart enough to pull off the hidden ball trick. I asked how you knew this. You didn't answer. Then you said Mike Lowell's "willingness to win" IS greater than Miguel Cabrera's "willingness to win." Then you say something ridiculous like...

Cabrera swings a nice bat, but that's about it.

Is this a statement from a person who can be reasoned with? I don't think so. In fact I think Cabrera's 20 more homeruns "displays" a much greater "willingness to win" than a hidden ball trick.

It's unfair to say that Cabrera swings a nice bat and that's about it. Well, he's got one of the best bats in the game... I'd say that counts for a lot, especially on a team like the Marlins. Furthermore, I think Cabrera is more passionate about baseball than you give him credit for. He's a natural and he loves playing. If you watch a lot of games in person you will see that he actually does run hard to first base... on TV you only see his last 1-2 steps, by which time he's just jogging because he's clearly out. You also have to remember that he's only a kid - 22 years old and he looks 18. It really doesn't make any sense to bash Miggy.

He's still one of the laziest outfielders in the game right now. He even lobbed that throw into Lowell last night. And if he's that passionate why doesn't he attend the pre-game meetings about the opposing pitchers?

898879[/snapback]

What, you expected him to freakin fire that ball into Mikey? Jeez. How do you know he doesn't attend the pre-game meetings about the opposing pitchers? If it is true that he doesn't, I really wish he would because, you know, it's really hurting his hitting. To be honest with you, I don't think Miggy needs scouting reports. The man/kid is a natural. Sometimes thinking too much can hurt a player and sometimes it can be very beneficial. In his case, I think it's probably better for him not to attend the pre-game meetings about the opposing pitchers. Just let him hit. See the ball, hit the ball.

He's still one of the laziest outfielders in the game right now. He even lobbed that throw into Lowell last night. And if he's that passionate why doesn't he attend the pre-game meetings about the opposing pitchers?

898879[/snapback]

What, you expected him to freakin fire that ball into Mikey? Jeez. How do you know he doesn't attend the pre-game meetings about the opposing pitchers? If it is true that he doesn't, I really wish he would because, you know, it's really hurting his hitting. To be honest with you, I don't think Miggy needs scouting reports. The man/kid is a natural. Sometimes thinking too much can hurt a player and sometimes it can be very beneficial. In his case, I think it's probably better for him not to attend the pre-game meetings about the opposing pitchers. Just let him hit. See the ball, hit the ball.

898882[/snapback]

They said on ESPN during the St. Louis game that was on there that he doesn't go to the meetings scouting the opposing pitchers because he doesn't want to be overloaded with information basically. I don't have a problem with it because the dude's hitting .350 this year. He's made a decision based on what's best for his play which in turn is best for the team. If not seeing the scouting report helps him...works for me.

What, you expected him to freakin fire that ball into Mikey? Jeez.

Well there was a runner on 2nd with a base hit...

898889[/snapback]

Well, you know what, Terrero wasn't being waved home, so he lobbed it to Mikey. It's not like Cabrera lobbed it over to Mikey while the guy tried to go home. If you don't like Cabrera, fine by me. I think he's incredible, especially for his age.

What, you expected him to freakin fire that ball into Mikey? Jeez.

Well there was a runner on 2nd with a base hit...

898889[/snapback]

Well, you know what, Terrero wasn't being waved home, so he lobbed it to Mikey. It's not like Cabrera lobbed it over to Mikey while the guy tried to go home. If you don't like Cabrera, fine by me. I think he's incredible, especially for his age.

898891[/snapback]

I love Cabrera. I'm waiting for him to be signed long term.

I just feel that he is holding himself back from being the next Pujols or Ramirez.

All I said originally was that in the midst of Lowell's offensive struggles he was trying to use ingenuity to win. But one poster here decided to make a fuss about it.

898896[/snapback]

No, actually you said Cabrera is too stupid and lacks the willingness to win to make such a play. :plain You continue to dig the hole deeper, though. Just leave it alone. I hope and pray that Lowell returns to his previous offensive form, but a trick play doesn't erase his enormous failures offensively.

I don't care if I come off as an a**hole. Too many people say too many idiotic things on this site without getting called on it resulting in a very dumbed down level of baseball discussion. If you can't take the heat, think more about what you're typing before you type it. A little reflection and intelligence in posting couldn't hurt.

If some guy is going to say he knows that Cabrera isn't smart and that, yeah, his offense is "nice, but that's about it" I'm going to call BS.

Shamrock you might want to pull the stick out of your ass once in awhile but hey "I just call 'em like I see 'em."

898925[/snapback]

The last time my dear friend Mr. Shamster did that we couldn't use the men's room for a week. Be careful what you wish for. :D

898973[/snapback]

:lol