November 17, 200520 yr I'm not convinced either Andino or Wilson are ever going to be more than reserve infielders. With Andino there is a higher ceiling, but his lackluster performance in the AFL shows he has some growing up to do first. Re-signing Gonzalez to a 2 yr deal is the prudent thing to do right now.....assuming the contract isn't outrageous. If Andino comes around he can spend a year on the bench in 2007.
November 17, 200520 yr But, the question is, will Gonzalez really take a discount? He's said he would, but we'll see what happens with that.
November 17, 200520 yr I'll put it this way. Next season I'd rather have Easley start at SS than Wilson or Andino. I'm not entirely sure Easley should take as a compliment.
November 17, 200520 yr But, the question is, will Gonzalez really take a discount? Likely, but even if not, a 2 year deal, assuming he makes less than $6 mil a year, would be worth it.
November 17, 200520 yr assuming he makes less than $6 mil a year, would be worth it. Debateable, especially given how cost conscious this team has gotten. Alex is not a good deal at $5 million.
November 17, 200520 yr But, the question is, will Gonzalez really take a discount? Likely, but even if not, a 2 year deal, assuming he makes less than $6 mil a year, would be worth it. I agree. But wouldn't mind having Josh Wilson on the bench, that way Easley can stick to backing up Luiy. Also, wouldn't mind a 3rd year optin being thrown in just for good measure.
November 17, 200520 yr assuming he makes less than $6 mil a year, would be worth it. Debateable, especially given how cost conscious this team has gotten. Alex is not a good deal at $5 million. I agree. Alex is not worth more than Castillo who is set to make $5M and $5.75M the next two years. 2 years/$9M would be about right.
November 17, 200520 yr our starting ss will be either seabass or someone outside the organization next year. andino isnt ready and wilson is even further away.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.