Call me crazy...

Malman

but I am loving all this trade talk.

I think this is exactly what this franchise needs - a nice cleaning (a good enema, if you will).

I say we deal all the high priced vets and get an influx of young talent to go along with Cabs, Willis, Hermida, Vargas, Olson & Willingham.

Beinfest will get top value in return ala Billy Beane...bring in the Crosby's, Swisher's, Harden's and Barton's of the world and we will be just fine.

I am looking forward to 2006 and beyond.

:thumbup

I think this is exactly what this franchise needs - a nice cleaning (a good enema, if you will).

I say we deal all the high priced vets and get an influx of young talent to go along with Cabs, Willis, Hermida, Vargas, Olson & Willingham.

Beinfest will get top value in return ala Billy Beane...bring in the Crosby's, Swisher's, Harden's and Barton's of the world and we will be just fine.

'07 and beyond. Next year is scrapped, probably '07 too

2006 Marlins = 2005 Isotopes.

No way...

Granted...Beinfest needs to make the "right" deals but the names I'm hearing sound great.

Listen to the Ramps and RFerrys of the board...the right deals coupled with our young talent in the minors will put this team in a position to succeed for years to come.

No way...

Granted...Beinfest needs to make the "right" deals but the names I'm hearing sound great.

Listen to the Ramps and RFerrys of the board...the right deals coupled with our young talent in the minors will put this team in a position to succeed for years to come.

Okay, okay... 2005 Topes and Mudcats :thumbup .

Starting at centerfield for YOUR Florida Marlins, number 23.... REGGIIIIIIIIIIIE ABERCROMBIE!

No way...

Okay, okay... 2005 Topes and Mudcats :thumbup .

Starting at centerfield for YOUR Florida Marlins, number 23.... REGGIIIIIIIIIIIE ABERCROMBIE!

Yes...now your talking!!!

Where can I get my Reggie jersey???

:notworthy

Willingham is not young, and should be trade bait. AL team in need of DH, we will take offers.

you just dont get "it", do you?

No I honestly dont get what the hoopla over Willingham is...a guy who has proven nothing. But, to listen to people such as you talk, Willingham would hit 500 hrs in a season, part the red sea, and cure cancer without even breaking a sweat.

Willingham is not young, and should be trade bait. AL team in need of DH, we will take offers.

No I honestly dont get what the hoopla over Willingham is...a guy who has proven nothing. But, to listen to people such as you talk, Willingham would hit 500 hrs in a season, part the red sea, and cure cancer without even breaking a sweat.

Willy has proven it at every level. Heck, he even did pretty damn well in the bigs this past season. You need to STFU. I don't feel like pwning you with statistics for the eleventy billionth time.

Willy has proven it at every level. Heck, he even did pretty damn well in the bigs this past season. You need to STFU. I don't feel like pwning you with statistics for the eleventy billionth time.

Well, when Willingham did well he was doing it against other teams own late season call ups. Aguila put up similar offensive stats in that time frame, yet no one thinks he can be a starter. I just dont view Willingham all that highly, if he was such a prodigy and such a great hitter, he would of been up here a long time ago, espicially since he was also a college product. He is most valueable as a trade to an AL team in need of a DH, since for all intents and purposes(and things I have read), he has no future as a positional starter in the NL.

As usual, you ignore that Willingham's path to the majors was blocked by injuries and positional changes thet his play or his abilities, but that of others (notably a Miguel Cabrera who could no longer play SS, and Will Smith, Jeremy Hermida, Jason Stokes and Adrian Gonzalez at the corner outfield and first base spots respectably). While this was happening, your boy Aguila was repeating the same level due to poor performances on the field.

As usual, you ignore that Willingham's path to the majors was blocked by injuries and positional changes thet his play or his abilities, but that of others (notably a Miguel Cabrera who could no longer play SS, and Will Smith, Jeremy Hermida, Jason Stokes and Adrian Gonzalez at the corner outfield and first base spots respectably). While this was happening, your boy Aguila was repeating the same level due to poor performances on the field.

Not too sure Willingham was ever thought of for a move to 1B. He has been in the orginiztion longer than Hermida. And Willingham WAS a SS you know. He was moved to C because he was not good anywhere else. And he is not worth a darn there either.

I like willingham's bat and eye specially. He could be a walk machine. But, god help me he needs help in the field. He makes Cabrera look like a GG fielder.

No one would ever confuse me with someone like Ramp and his adoration of Mr. Willingham, but let's give the guy a chance to see what he can do in spring training before we pronounce him unable to play the position.

Willingham must know the door is open to an everyday, multi-year MLB career if he can prove his bat is no fluke and he can play leftfield.

My guess is he's no fool, he's probably taking flyballs everyday.

He has too much to lose by doing otherwise.

Not too sure Willingham was ever thought of for a move to 1B. He has been in the orginiztion longer than Hermida. And Willingham WAS a SS you know. He was moved to C because he was not good anywhere else. And he is not worth a darn there either.

He was moved to C after the 2002 season in the October instructional league and later winter league. At the time, Will Smith (LF), Jason Stokes (1B), Adrian Gonzalez (1B) and Miguel Cabrera (moved from SS to 3B in 2002, and sent his teammate Willingham bouncing around the field) were our top prospects, along with Hermida whose addition was a bit premature I feel. At the time that list was pretty impressive, and that Willingham ranked slightly below them was not anything to be ashamed of. He had hit well in every level he had been in and was on same path as any other nth-round prospect who has few scouts invested in his future and whose greatest asset (working pitchers for walks) was then under great debate among those scouts and the old guard that controls everything in player development... even of college age... one year at Advanced rookie, the next at low-A, the next high-A. Controlling the strike zone, smashing the ball in pitcher-friendly parks while playing the defensively-important position of 3B. Point is he had no place to go but catcher! Gonzalez and Cabrera were going to be at AA with him next year along with Chris Aguila, Chip Ambres and Matt Padgett (all in their second year at AA) in the outfield, our golden draft boy held the rights to RF, Will Smith was moving up the system at LF and we had a cornerstone 2B in the majors. Where are you going to put Willingham? In any case, he found his own place. On the DL. Which is what derailed his progress towards the majors and why he took "so long" to get here (6 years). There was no report of his defensive problems until he was moved to catcher. As you said he had/has the instincts and agility to play shortstop at the NCAA Division 1 level. From what I've gathered, his only fault is his ability to shift into a throwing position quickly enough. As if our starting pitchers give our catchers a cchance to throw out runners anyway, but that's beside the point. I forget my point. I guess it's that you're an idiot, and I wish you'd stop playing your little game with us. And wise up to the facts.

I totally agree as well, but I think the sentiment is that Beckett isn't one of the guys that needs to be flushed out (to continue the enema metaphor).