Devil Rays name their coaching staff

Accord

Devil Rays name coaching staff

Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. - Former major leaguers Mike Butcher and George Hendrick joined the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on Monday as part of new manager Joe Maddon's coaching staff for next season.

Butcher was hired as pitching coach after spending the past three seasons as a roving pitching instructor for the Los Angeles Angels.

Hendrick, the Dodgers' minor league hitting coordinator in 2005, was named first base coach.

Maddon, hired last week as Lou Piniella's successor, also included two of the candidates who interviewed the Devil Rays managerial vacancy - retaining incumbent third base coach Tom Foley and promoting Triple-A manager Bill Evers to bench coach.

Steve Henderson was named hitting coach and Bobby Ramos takes over as bullpen coach. Former Boston manager and New York Yankees coach Don Zimmer remains in his role as senior baseball advisor.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/...ws/13226223.htm

1 hour and 35 minutes from my door to the Trop...likely less now due to free parking. The tix are cheap and the food is not bad.

More baseball for me.

Their food sucks. It's freaking Checker's, but instead of being like $4 for a meal, it's $8 for a meal.

1 hour and 35 minutes from my door to the Trop...likely less now due to free parking. The tix are cheap and the food is not bad.

More baseball for me.

Their food sucks. It's freaking Checker's, but instead of being like $4 for a meal, it's $8 for a meal.

Where are you eating? The normal stands sell great Chicken.

Guest markotsay7

Damn. That didn't take long. How long is it going to take Girardi to finish filling out his staff?

However long it takes him to wake up from the hangover that resulted from his repeatedly saying, "I signed with WHAT team?!"