King Kong

EndLine

Wow, stunning movie. This film is the definition of an epic.

People have griped about the length of the movie, it didnt feel anything like the three hours it is, it flew by.

It is the best looking movie I have ever seen. The CGI in the movie is awesome. The battle scenes look stunning and lifelike. From the dinosaurs to the insects to the landscapes to the beast himself, the movie looks crisp and clean and beautiful in every way.

Throw in two different love stories and you have a fantastic movie.

Exceeds my expecations for it and the hype it has gotten.

***** / *****

I guess you guys didn't believe me when I said opening a movie during finals week on Wednesday would hurt its profit.

Wednesday+Thursday+Friday+weekend....how will that hurt its profit? It gives it more money on its opening weekend then it would in the normal 3 day span.

I meant Wednesday. I know this weekend will be huge for them

But the opening 'night' numbers are horrible because of finals, I know it. It's not gonna hurt in the long run obviously, but for their opening night, of course.

I guess you guys didn't believe me when I said opening a movie during finals week on Wednesday would hurt its profit.

Wednesday+Thursday+Friday+weekend....how will that hurt its profit? It gives it more money on its opening weekend then it would in the normal 3 day span.

But the opening 'night' numbers are horrible because of finals, I know it. It's not gonna hurt in the long run obviously, but for their opening night, of course.

Id say alot of it has to do with Wednesday then Finals as a whole.

Id say alot of it has to do with Wednesday then Finals as a whole.

Harry Potter grossed something like 60 million on opening night (though it is a rather popular phenomenon). It has a lot to do with finals. If I were to put a target age group for this movie, I'd say 18-30.

Begone fool, and do not dare question my authority.

Harry Potter has a helluva lot more fans and a large following compared to a movie remake that stands alone. Horrible comparison.

Harry Potter grossed something like 60 million on opening night (though it is a rather popular phenomenon)

Note the parenthases, chap (that's what they're there for). My point is that Wednesday's can be profitable for a correctly marketed movie. This movie should not have been released this weekend. I think it would have done loads better next weekend, personally.

Then again, I'm not paid to make decisions like that, so I guess it doesn't matter what I think.