Caddy wins offensive ROY

Junior

Williams Set For Top Offensive Rookie Honor

Published: Jan 4, 2006

TAMPA - Cadillac Williams, the third running back selected in the 2005 draft, is about to get his hands around a coveted award.

Tampa Bay's prized newcomer will be named the runaway winner as the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year today after rushing for 1,178 yards and sparking a remarkable turnaround at One Buc Place.

"Personally, I think it would mean a lot," Williams said before The Associated Press made the announcement official early this morning. "I think it would mean a lot for me and for the offensive linemen. They played a big role in what I did this year. Those guys have done a great job."

The Bucs selected Williams with the fifth overall pick, after Miami chose former Auburn teammate Ronnie Brown at No. 2 and Chicago tabbed Cedric Benson at No. 4. While Benson has suffered through an injury-riddled rookie year, Brown helped the surging Dolphins finish 9-7 by running for 907 yards.

The Bucs are 6-0 when Williams rushes for at least 100 yards. He averaged 4.1 yards per carry on 290 attempts.

Now his attention is on the Redskins, Saturday's opponents in Tampa Bay's first playoff game since the 2002 championship season.

"I'm just ready to play, I'm excited," he said. "Just thinking about it - if we win three we go to the Super Bowl - has got me fired up. I'm looking forward to it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGB27KX21IE.html

Ronnie Brown - RB - Dolphins

Ronnie Brown received only one vote for rookie of the year despite very similar numbers to Carnell Williams.

It's amazing what a nickname can do. Brown finished only 120 total yards behind Williams for the season, averaged more yards-per-carry, and was a far better pass protector and receiver. Williams probably won more games on his own, but he also was worthless for six straight weeks. We might have given Caddy the slight edge, but 47 votes to 1 is ridiculous. Jan. 4 - 12:03 pm et

While I agree Caddy deserved it b/c he won more games for the Bucs and meant more to his team the voting was rediculous. Should be fun how both react next year.

Just because Caddy got 47 votes, and Ronnie Brown only got one, doesn't mean that people thought Caddy was that much better. Maybe most of the 47 voters gave Caddy only a slight edge. There are no 2nd place votes so the margin looks huge.

whatever helps you sleep at night

Just because Caddy got 47 votes, and Ronnie Brown only got one, doesn't mean that people thought Caddy was that much better. Maybe most of the 47 voters gave Caddy only a slight edge. There are no 2nd place votes so the margin looks huge.

Both had great years. Cadillac probably won at the end due to the Bucs being playoff bound. I will say, Ronnie might have the better career as he doesn't take as many carries and will be able to last longer.

I don't know why you have to be flippant about the whole thing. I thought Caddy deserved the award.

I don't know why you have to be flippant about the whole thing. I thought Caddy deserved the award.

im not flippant, i just thought your view on the voting was funny to justify your thought that brown is better than caddy..

im not flippant, i just thought your view on the voting was funny to justify your thought that brown is better than caddy..

Well, for one, that sounds pretty flippant. And, for two, you're being flippant about a view I do not possess. I was responding to the blurb that JonDigital posted that said the voting margin was ridiculous. I countered that the voting margin really wasn't ridiculous. If you want to take that as me saying Brown is better you're wrong and maybe not so good at reading comprehension.

Or maybe I wasn't clear enough, I don't know. I hope I'm being clear now.

The OROY basically just confirms what everyone was expecting. Caddy deserved it, hands-down, considering Ronnie was splitting time with a certain guy named Ricky Williams. Obviously none of this answers the question about who's the better back, though it looks like most of this forum is in agreement on that issue.

The OROY basically just confirms what everyone was expecting. Caddy deserved it, hands-down, considering Ronnie was splitting time with a certain guy named Ricky Williams. Obviously none of this answers the question about who's the better back, though it looks like most of this forum is in agreement on that issue.

On a forum based on a team from Miami that has a large group of fans from Miami, which some are Dolphin fans. That shouldn't be shocking.

Yup, though to be honest, I haven't heard anyone other than Bucs fans here make the argument that Caddy is the superior talent.

I haven't heard anyone other then a Dolphin fan say Ronnie is.

that was precisely my point, genius.

You said nothing about Ronnie in that post.

why are you still fighting this?

i already gave you props for owning me. you should take a screenshot, print out 300 copies, and paper your walls with shaq-man pwnage11!!!1!111!!!.1.11!!! OMG WTF LOL

Wow you need to settle down.

I thought your post was sarcastic.