How are you going to spend the remaining six years of your life?

Bradcore

well i've already ascended this

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:cDXVrrARWfAJ:www.powerplaces.com/images/photo/yucatan_Chichen-Itza.jpg

maybe i'll go to one of their ballcourts for a nice game in the last weeks

The Mayans had an incredible knowledge of the calendar. Did you know the Pyramid of Kukulk?n shown above is designed such that the steps's shadow creates the illusion of a snake moving down the pyramid at the spring and autumn equinoxes? It is truly amazing.

The Mayans also were wise enough to build their most prominent settlements away from the coastline...to avoid destruction from deadly hurricanes.

well i've already ascended this

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:cDXVrrARWfAJ:www.powerplaces.com/images/photo/yucatan_Chichen-Itza.jpg

maybe i'll go to one of their ballcourts for a nice game in the last weeks

The Mayans had an incredible knowledge of the calendar. Did you know the Pyramid of Kukulk?n shown above is designed such that the steps's shadow creates the illusion of a snake moving down the pyramid at the spring and autumn equinoxes? It is truly amazing.

The Mayans also were wise enough to build their most prominent settlements away from the coastline...to avoid destruction from deadly hurricanes.

yep ... i really enjoyed visiting Chichen Itza - an amazing civilization - have to wonder how many civilizations still remain buried

although they do have numerous coastal settlements, such as Tulum

How the f*** could the Mayans predict that if they weren't using Gregorian calendars? Any point about a creepy number correlation is moot.

that date is when you convert their calendar to ours.

Yeah, which would mean that there's nothing funny about 12/21/12 or whatever it is, as it would be completely different on the Mayan calendar.

Guest Juanky

Isn't their prediction not when the sun will explode or something of that nature but rather when their god will come down and have their version of judgment day?

They didn't see the Spanish coming, did they?

Dumbasses. :plain

Um...

The Mayans were pretty much dead by the time the Spanish arrived. You would be confusing the Mayans with the Aztecs.

Genius.

Sure, they decayed within their own civilization, but they were still present in the Yucatan when the Spanish arrived.

There certainly was enough resistance as it took them almost two centuries to gain control of the region.

and? they were hardly much of a true presence for the Spanish who were more focused on the Aztecs anyway.

The Mayans predicted that the world will end on December 21, 2012. We'll find out wheather or not this is true soon enough. Still, it's fascinating stuff.

There's a difference between the end of the world and the end of a calendar.

The Vesti isn't a good place for historical knowledge.

The Mayans predicted that the world will end on December 21, 2012. We'll find out wheather or not this is true soon enough. Still, it's fascinating stuff.

There's a difference between the end of the world and the end of a calendar.

The Vesti isn't a good place for historical knowledge.

I didn't pull this stuff out of the Vesti. Who stupid do you think I am that I would trust something that comes out of there?