Miguel Cabrera

The_Punisher

He had 64 walks last year, I don't know how any one can realistically expect 125, even at the highest estimate.

He didn't get many walks because he hit in front of Carlos Delgado. They pitched to him last year because they didn't want to pitch to Carlos. They won't pitch to him this year with Jacobs protecting him. If he's patient he will walk 100 times.

More than 100.. Depends how Hermida and other backing him do...

Hermida will likely bat second.

I've heard he'll probably bat third. Regardless, he will bat in front of Miggy, which will give him good pitches to hit.

Either way, it's Jacobs batting 5th and "protecting" him. I think 100 walks is off. He will still get thrown to somewhat. Willingham and Hermida should be above average OBP threats at a minimum to have guys on base, and Jacobs should hit a little bit. I'm thinking somewhere in the 85-90 range of walks, which is a huge 1/3 jump in production based on his last 2 seasons.

if cabrera is going to be walked 100 times in addition hitting over .300 which figures probably 150 hits or more (550 at bats) 100 walks = 450 plate appearances = .333 150 hits + 100 walks = 250 times mike jacobs will bat with cabrera on base? does that make sense?

jacobs will have over 100 rbi if he hits behind cabs

Guest Juanky

He had 64 walks last year, I don't know how any one can realistically expect 125, even at the highest estimate.

He didn't get many walks because he hit in front of Carlos Delgado. They pitched to him last year because they didn't want to pitch to Carlos. They won't pitch to him this year with Jacobs protecting him. If he's patient he will walk 100 times.Even with Carlos Delgado in the lineup last season, many pitchers considered Cabrera the hitter they feared the most. I agree his walk total will go up, but it might not be as much as everyone thinks.

I think the hitter who will benefit the most from all of this is The Messiah. Everything we were thinking would come to Cabrera last season due to natural progression and having a Top 15 hitter in the On Deck circle when he was batting, you can transfer it over to Hermida this season. Should be almost as good of a 3-4 punch (maybe not as much power overall) this season, with a much more balanced and productive supporting cast.