Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Please pray for me.

Featured Replies

Hey everyone, I have been going through a really rough time. About two months ago I was in the hospital for 2 days because of a nose bleed we couldn't stop. I got out of the hospital and a day later I went back because I was having chest pains. They thought I had a blood clot so they ran so test on me and the test came out negative. Since then I have been very depressed. Lately I have been having so really wierd thoughts. I am going to the shrink this week. My mom thinks I might have schizophrenia(SP?). Please pray that I do not have it and it is just depression. If the doctor says I might have it, please pray that God lays hands on me and helps me through this. This is a very scary time for me. I'm sitting here trying not to cry my eyes out. So please if you can just pray that I get through ths.

 

Thanks.

That really sucks, man. Try to get your mind off of things and listen to or watch something of a positive nature. You'll get better, man, don't worry about it.

It's ok to cry dude, it will calm you down some. I doubt it's something as serious as schizophrenia, but I'll be praying for you anyways.

damn man. the good thing is youre taking the first step in going to a shrink and getting help

 

ill be praying for you as well, i hope you get through this

Firstly, I've been through some psychological issues myself, and I empathize with you.

 

You really can't work yourself up without really know if anything is wrong. Your bloody nose could be the result of a number of issues--the least of which is probably schizophrenia (sp). I don't know what makes your mother think you have that, but if she is the first and only person to tell you that so far, take it with a grain of salt. Definitely wait until you get a professional opinion before you fret.

 

I'm sure it's not as serious as you think. Most likely, the unexplained bloody nose coupled with your mother's pessimism is getting you nervous and worried.

Did you hit your head before the nosebleed, and did they do any scans on your head? Any seizures or headaches? Are there any similar problems (psych, neurologic, bleeding, or otherwise) in your family? Do you normally bleed easily? Anything else going on in your life? Are you taking any medicine?

 

Schizophrenia is a pretty hardcore diagnosis for somebody's mom to make. I don't know what's going on, and I think it's good that you're getting help, but it really sounds like your mom is scaring you more than anything else. Seriously, don't worry; even if there is something wrong, it shouldn't freak you out, since it can be treated.

 

I hope everything works out, dude.

Just try to be calm and keep your mind busy on other things, we'll pray for you and dont worry, I bet it'll turn out fine.

Getting help or at least figuring out what is going on is always the first step...like Shaq said it can be treated so try to relax a little bit...but ya hope everything turns out well man

  • Author

Well today I was taking a bath and the water started to drip and I was worried that it was like telling me to hurt someone. Then birds outside my window were making nose and I was worried that they were telling me to hurt someone. They weren't like talking to me but I was just worried what if they were trying to tell me to do something. That's why she thinks I might have Schizophrenia . But she also thinks I'm just jumping from thing to thing to make myself depressed. Like a couple of weeks ago I was worried that I was gay(I'm not) but I just kept worring about if I was gay or not and that was all I could think about. Then I was looking at a magazine and this chick on the cover looked like she was crazy and all I could focus on was seeing if people had that crazy look. My mom thinks I just need to get out of the house more and that will help me. Since I went to the hospital I haven't really been going out alot. The day I had my nose bleed and everything was the day I quit my job so I haven't been around that many people. But all these thought I have been having lately have been because I started to worry about having these really bad thoughts in the first place. All I could think about was that Ammityville(SP)? horror movie. That got me a little freaked out too.

 

I have been depressed lately because of my dad. He died when I was 10 from a brain tumor and I have been thinking about him quite a bit. Then I started to think what I would do if I lost my mom and I didn't have any parents left. My mom said I got really wierd like this when my dad first died. I don't know, I'll keep praying to God as well. I know he will help me when he is ready and that I am going through this because he has got a plan for me and this is part of his plan. I also know he wants me to be happy and that I am really hurting myself by just being depressed all the time but I just can't seem to shake it.

 

Oh yea, btw. After I asked you guys to pray for me, my mom and I decided to drive around the neighborhood and talk. But after a couple of minutes we decided to jump on the highway. Well, after a couple of minutes on the highway a dog comes out of nowhere and walks right in front of our car. Keep in mind we were doing 50 mph.. I put my hands over my face as soon as I saw the dog and my mom tried to move into the other lane but we still hit it.. hard. That did not help my depression at all.. I just really think we are being tested.

You hit a 'live' dog on the road?

 

I see you live in New Mexico...Not to joke, but is it near Roswell?

Wow.

 

Okay, what does the Amityville movie have to do with this? Did all of this start happening to you after you watched it?

 

Another thing, this might be a really weird question but I will ask anyway. Have you ever taken the pill Accutane? The reason I ask is because that pill can cause depression and nosebleeds.

If you fear being crazy, then don't.

 

You have to be sane to make 700+ posts on a mesage board.

But she also thinks I'm just jumping from thing to thing to make myself depressed.

Then I was looking at a magazine and this chick on the cover looked like she was crazy and all I could focus on was seeing if people had that crazy look.

But all these thought I have been having lately have been because I started to worry about having these really bad thoughts in the first place. All I could think about was that Ammityville(SP)? horror movie. That got me a little freaked out too.

 

Well today I was taking a bath and the water started to drip

kinda sounds like amityville

 

I was worried that it was like telling me to hurt someone.

see above.

 

They weren't like talking to me but I was just worried what if they were trying to tell me to do something.

So you're not actually hallucinating, you're just worried that it might happen? I think you should just relax.

Hope everything turns out ok, man.

 

I hate to be an a**hole here, but how does a dog get on a highway?

Hope everything turns out ok, man.

 

I hate to be an a**hole here, but how does a dog get on a highway?

 

I've seen quite a few in my day.

Hope everything turns out ok, man.

 

I hate to be an a**hole here, but how does a dog get on a highway?

 

I've seen quite a few in my day.

 

Ya I almost drilled one on I-95 yesterday...it made it across somehow

i hit a dog once doing 40 mph.

 

 

i swear that dog ran out in front of me on purpose...and then it got up and ran away.

 

 

stupid dog cracked some plastic piece covering my frame. that was fun, was one of those 'unique' things in my old POS.

I hope you get better. These kinds of things are tough, but the fact that you are aware makes it so much easier on your family.

It sounds funny to say, but feeling anxious over things is normal. Voices telling you to do things is not.

 

It's good that you are seeking professional help, although I am skeptical about some of them. Lots just want to prescribe meds and send you on your way.

 

Do you to anything to relax yourself? Deep breathing exercises? Yoga? Just working out at the gym or going running/biking?

 

Everyone feels anxious about things, but I think it helps to prioritize them. What are you most worried about? Why? Is there a way you can make your situation better?

 

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.