Pre-Pubic Screening?

Arnie1941

I had a particularly childish response to a posting yesterday. Checked his Profile and discovered his birthdate was March 7, 1991. This is a pre-teen. I welcome (and encourage) participation by our young fans. But, should we identify these forum members as "pre-teens." Today, he has started two new Topics reflecting his age. Perhaps an asterisk after your so freely given stars? I want to encourage our young fans. But, if I get a cheap shot, I want to know if it came from an adult or a child. If a child, I don't want to respond. If I do, then gently.

p.s. 20 minutes later. Check out BluesClues "Whose gonna win the Wild Card" poll posting AND THE RESPONSES.

No. The webmaster who gave you a double-star rating is dumb.

That was nice of you, Arnie.

The stars are based on post count, not post quality.

I don't see a need for inventing an age check system at this time. No need to show who is who. It's pretty easy to tell when a post is from a 12 yr old and when it is not as we have seen.

That was nice of you, Arnie.

The stars are based on post count, not post quality.

I don't see a need for inventing an age check system at this time. No need to show who is who. It's pretty easy to tell when a post is from a 12 yr old and when it is not as we have seen.

Thanks for your response, Admin. And thanks for taking that dumb poll off. I wish today's respondants were there last night when I had to put up with that guy's childish crap.

You have enough Moderators. Why can't you set up a system by which, after a certain number of postings... an evaluation of quality and forum contribution is determined before a "promotion?"

And you deserved a slam for awarding that child with two stars. I read many one-stars who know what they're talking about. Quantity is one measure of interest and participation. Ultimately, quality is the Hallmark of the whole site.

WTF?!?!?! REALY!?!? I NEVA NEW THT! WTF!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

:lol

Some of us teenagers know how to read and write the english language properly.

Why can't you set up a system by which, after a certain number of postings... an evaluation of quality and forum contribution is determined before a "promotion?"

I don't think that's a bad idea. Rate users on post quality and/or count. You could have the Mods vote on a persons post quality when they reach a certain post count milestone, and give them a rating or something.

Arnie-

It seems to me you are one of the most critical posters on this site.

As annoying as some of these kids can be, most are good fans and are welcome.

When I was younger, if I had the internet, I'm sure some of my posts would be just as dumb. IT'S BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE BEEN TWELVE.

Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up.

And stop bashing Admin. It's his site and can do whatever the f*** he wants.

The Conservative strikes again!

Funny how people love to b*tch about how Admin runs his site but I still see them here.

I'm not criticizing Admin at all, in fact I am doing the exact opposite. He can comply with the law by removing any years in the profile that are under 13. Since we are in 2003, that means he can remove the years 1991-2003 and comply.

I am not insulting him! It is a federal law, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. And it states that no website can take personal information from an user under the age of 13 without parental permission.

I am doing it to protect the site, not hurt it. No one needs to be banned or suspended, just remove the years of people who under age 13. That is all.

The Conservative strikes again!

Funny how people love to b*tch about how Admin runs his site but I still see them here.

I'm not criticizing Admin at all, in fact I am doing the exact opposite. He can comply with the law by removing any years in the profile that are under 13. Since we are in 2003, that means he can remove the years 1991-2003 and comply. Ok Capekk I understand that

But I've looked at the ages of most users here and most are border line 12, 13, and 14 so I don't think it's a problem that would get Admin in trouble.

If you operate a commercial Web site or an online service directed to children under 13 that collects personal information from children

I don't collect personal information on anyone to my knowledge unless you know something I don't.

I also don't operate a service directed to children.

Thanks for the concern but I don't see a problem here.