Pros and Cons for the first 5 games

Shamrock

PROS

*Shadez is playing like a man possessed after his first start of the season. He's dazzling in the field, hitting for gap power, stealing bases, and getting on base for the meat of our order.

*Jeremy Hermida seems to have broken the spring training long slump he was mired in, getting on base at an excellent rate for our trio of boppers following him in the lineup.

*Josh Willingham is for real and is finally getting a chance to capitalize on his considerable offensive talent. HAMMAH TIME! :hat

*Dontrelle Willis.

*Mr. Uggla has been a little better with the stick than I expected and I think he'll be a decent offensive 2B this season to go along with extremely suspect defense.

*Mitre looked great with the ball and the bat against the Stros. Hopefully he gives us some good innings for awhile until Johnson and/or Nolasco is ready to takeover.

*Nolasco looked good as well.

CONS

*Miggy Cabrera seems unwilling to take a walk (none to date) and therefore is swinging at some bad pitches so far leaving his batting line far below expectations.

*Defensive miscues cost us the win against the Mets yesterday...Uggla blew a double play ball and Hermida misjudged a Wright liner by taking too many steps back and then letting it get behind him. Still, the defense has also shined at times with Reed and Hammer's gems in the outfield.

*After starting strong the pen has reversed course. Still it's incredibly early.

*Abercrombie, Eric Reed and Chris Aguila are now a combined 3-for-24, all three hits being singles. This is a pretty bad situation imo and I think we'll see a trade at some point this season.

*Olivo looks to be reverting to his White Sox/Mariner days with the stick.

Overall, I love the energy and fight of this team, and enjoy watching them despite the early losses. Please, nobody remind me that it's early, I know. Just making conversation on an off-day. :hat

Guest ShaqandWade323

Hanley has had dazzling defense and Uggla has had extremely suspect defense so far?

Let's just say they've both been playing average defense because I haven't seen any dazzling plays from Hanley and I haven't seen Uggla mess up except for the double play ball.

Hanley has had dazzling defense and Uggla has had extremely suspect defense so far?

Let's just say they've both been playing average defense because I haven't seen any dazzling plays from Hanley and I haven't seen Uggla mess up except for the double play ball.

fair enough. Dazzling is probably exaggeration, but his range seems to be excellent, while I've seen Uggla struggle in moving to both sides. More of a range observation I suppose.

All comments, disagreements, etc welcome. :mischief

fair enough. Dazzling is probably exaggeration, but his range seems to be excellent, while I've seen Uggla struggle in moving to both sides. More of a range observation I suppose.

All comments, disagreements, etc welcome. :mischief

ok uggla saved a run last game when i forget who hit it up the middle he fielded the ball practically behind 2nd base threw across his body to get the guy out and save a run ...and you say he doesn't have range...im not saying he is luis but i like his hard nosed hustle style of paly...i got to say coming in i liked him the least...now i like him the most....hey i t might not be so uggla after all :pimp

we will turn around those 1 run losses soon enough, but Shamrock u make good points.

* Cabrera not taking any walks is a little surprising, once he does start to relax we will put runs on the board. Having him drive in runs or at least get on base from the walk helps Willingham or Jacobs behind him.

* Bullpen did get off to a good start, but it hasnt been bad either. Its not like were the Braves bullpen right now. lol

* CF situation. Reed, Abercrombie, Aguila. That surprises me, I didnt know it was that bad. I am shocked that Aguila hasnt gotten a hit yet considering hes the most seasoned of the trio. Reggie has talent he just needs to relax a little more. Reed is electric, getting on base will make things happen.

* Uggla and Hanley. After Opening Day I guess everyone can say Hanley has shown what he can do both with the bat and glove. Hes just been great to watch and will only continue. Uggla has been decent, ok wit the glove because he is making the routine play and not making errors like was predicted so far, and his hitting has been good enough to help us out when needed.

*Abercrombie, Eric Reed and Chris Aguila are now a combined 3-for-24, all three hits being singles. This is a pretty bad situation imo and I think we'll see a trade at some point this season.

How's Gaithright looking in Tampa thus far???

:mischief2

He's not getting everyday ABs, just like the trio I mentioned above...Here's his line:

13AB 3H (all singles) 3R 2BB 0K 0SB 1CS 231/231/333

As far as our situation goes, I'd like to see Abercrombie get a string of starts together to really see what he's got. I'm not sure if it's fair or helpful to keep rotating them like this, but I'm sure management and Joe know what they're doing here. I still see a trade very likely in the next month or so for a CFer...not necessarily named Gathright.