Freddy Garcia

JonDigital

Freddy Garcia tests positive for marijuana

Freddy Garcia - S - CWS - Apr. 30 - 8:08 pm et According to the Venezuelan daily newspaper Lider, marijuana was found in Freddy Garcia's urine in a test administered during the World Baseball Classic.

Garcia was told of the positive test last week, according to the report. He can be suspended from international baseball for two years because of the positive test, but it's not going to have any effect on his major league status. Apr. 30 - 8:08 pm et

Source: WhiteSox.mlb.com

Nothing groundbreaking. I didn't realize a positive test like that would have no affect on his MLB status. I learn something everyday. :hat

Begin with the pot jokes...

Guest markotsay7

Well would international play extend to winter leagues and the touring all-star team?

Pretty embarrassing for him. I can't believe it doesn't impact his MLB status though.

Guest markotsay7

Who the hell cares. Why should we suspend someone or get them in trouble for testing positive for smoking weed?

...because...it's...illegal?

Guest Juanky

I'm actually glad that MLB doesn't care about pot.

Is the Venezuelan teamstaying together to play exhibitions or something? Other than that, won't have an influence.

Who the hell cares. Why should we suspend someone or get them in trouble for testing positive for smoking weed?

I agree. It's not worse than drinking and yes, I know it's illegal but the truth is pot smokers never become agressive, pick fights or drive crazy. The worse they do is slow down, eat, laugh and go home to take a nap. Not exactly a performance enhancer and as long as players aren't high while they're playing I don't care if they were smoking the night before. At least they won't be hung over.

Well would international play extend to winter leagues and the touring all-star team?

Pretty embarrassing for him. I can't believe it doesn't impact his MLB status though.

Highly doubt it. He'll be in the next WBC, regardless.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.