Cardinals @ Marlins, 6:05 EST

JonDigital

St. Louis (18-12) at Florida (8-19), 6:05 p.m. ET

The Marlins certainly haven't enjoyed any home cooking this season. After falling to the Cardinals, 7-2, on Friday night, Florida dropped to 2-10 at home on the season. The Marlins send their ace, Dontrelle Willis, to the mound Saturday to try to reverse their luck at home. In his last start, Willis matched his career high for earned runs allowed. In 7 1/3 innings, the left-hander allowed eight runs in a loss to the Phillies. He also logged a season-high 120 pitches. The D-Train has dropped two straight starts. His lone win was on April 14 against the Nationals.

Pitching Matchup

FLA: LHP Dontrelle Willis (1-2, 4.38 ERA)

Twice this season, the D-Train has enjoyed four-run leads late in games, only to see the Marlins lose. Willis was victimized by a late collapse on Monday in an 8-5 loss to the Phillies. In 7 1/3 innings, Willis allowed eight earned runs, matching his career high for runs surrendered in an outing. He also logged 120 pitches, his season high. Lifetime, Willis is 1-1 with a 2.77 ERA against the Cardinals.

STL: LHP Mark Mulder (2-1, 4.43 ERA)

Mulder makes his third try at career win No. 100. He'll be hoping to do a better job of keeping his pitches down in the strike zone. When Mulder is at his best, he gets scads of ground balls and keeps the ball in the park. He's limited the walks this year, so when he's been hit, he hasn't paid the price too badly.

http://static.flickr.com/55/137799645_3d18ea53d4_s.jpghttp://static.flickr.com/49/139103048_c97e714532_s.jpg

Player to watch

Cardinals outfielder John Rodriguez extended his hitting streak to eight games with a two-hit performance Friday night. OVer that stretch, the left fielder is 11-for-21.

Quoteables

"To throw four good innings and give up seven in the fifth is not good," said Mitre, whose record fell to 1-4. "It's unacceptable."

"You can say he is so hot right now, but he is always like this. That's who he is," Girardi said. "He's hitting .325, and that's normal. This is what this guy does. The way you control him is keep the guys off in front of him, and you can live with giving him singles. That's what they said about Michael Jordan. Give him 20, don't give him 50."

Where to Watch?!?

On the Internet

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/icons/mlbtv.gif MLB.TV

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/icons/audio_gold.gif Gameday Audio

? Gameday

? Official game notes

On television

? SUN

On radio

? 560 WQAM, 1140 WQBA(Espa?ol)

Stat Pack

http://diggital.freqshift.net/pics/sports_pics/statpack.PNG

This should be the one we lose.. Mulder in his last two games has struggled.. his back has stiffened up.. personally I would have went with a bullpen start today and let Mulder get healthier.. oh well.. never fun facing Dontrelle..

G'Afternoon friendly Cards fan.

I'm actually surprised Mulder is getting the start today from reading the fantasy notes on him. I'm not taking the risk on him on my fantasy team today. The Fish this year have responded well to low run games. They may not hold the lead but they do bounce back well.

Will we see a first pump from The Train at the conclusion of an inning?

Will Abercrombie gingerly jog to pick up a single while oppossing runners scamper the bases in a gleeful fashion?

Will Abercrombie even be in the line up after last nights stunt?

Will Abercrombie gingerly jog to pick up a single while oppossing runners scamper the bases in a gleeful fashion?

whatd he do?

whatd he do?

Runner on first. Routine single to CF. Abercrombie jog/walks to pick it up. Runner goes from 1st to 3rd.

Not sure if it was related but Reed replaced Abercrombie shortly after that.

Guest ShaqandWade323

whatd he do?

Runner on first. Routine single to CF. Abercrombie jog/walks to pick it up. Runner goes from 1st to 3rd.

Not sure if it was related but Reed replaced Abercrombie shortly after that.

I'm sure it was because Abercrombie bobbled a ball in the outfield that allowed runners to go to second and third. I was at the game yesterday, the fifth inning sucked but me, my cousin, and a couple friends made up for it by hitting Cardinal fans with sunflower seeds. It offered little satisfaction. :(

Name		AVG	HR	RBI	SB
1. D Eckstein, SS	.297	1	8	2
2. H Luna, 2B		.327	2	7	2
3. A Pujols, 1B		.326	16	36	2
4. J Encarnacion, RF	.220	4	9	1
5. S Rolen, 3B		.324	3	13	2
6. J Edmonds, CF	.220	4	20	3
7. S Taguchi, LF	.261	0	8	3
8. Y Molina, C		.161	0	7	0
9. M Mulder, P		.250	1	3	0

Name		AVG	HR	RBI	SB
1. H Ramirez, SS	.294	2	10	7
2. D Uggla, 2B		.274	4	14	3
3. M Cabrera, 3B	.333	4	19	3
4. J Willingham, LF	.313	6	24	1
5. J Borchard, RF	.500	0	1	0
6. M Olivo, C		.231	3	8	1
7. M Jacobs, 1B		.185	3	13	2
8. R Abercrombie, CF	.192	2	9	1
9. D Willis, P		.167	0	1	0

I like the lineup. Jacobs down to the 7th spot. Interesting.

Yes very interesting indeed.

Can you guys imagine if Borchard has an above average year and Hermida comes back with a fury?

We'd have a nice lookin line up.

very interesting with jacobs going down to the 7hole.. anyone know when hermida is supposed to come back?

Yup...

Manager Joe Girardi said Friday that he's targeting next weekend for Jeremy Hermida's (hip) return from the disabled list.

Hermida, who has been out since April 17, was intially expected to return this week before suffering a setback. May. 6 - 8:32 am et

Source: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14514977.htm