Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayor Julio Robaina on Descarga Deportiva

Featured Replies

Was anything said on the show today about the stadium situation?

 

 

Yes, pissed at the people up in Tallahassee. Specifically the Speaker of the House and Tom Lee. Said that if those fools ever try to run for higher office they're going to pay for it - won't get the vote from South Florida. Also said that the South Florida senators and representatives that went against this will pay a heavy price in the next election.

 

He also despises the Northern Florida politicos. He thinks they do this sort of thing just to spite So. Florida.

 

But, he says that the stadium will be built with or without state money. He sounds pretty confident, too.

Was anything said on the show today about the stadium situation?

 

 

Yes, pissed at the people up in Tallahassee. Specifically the Speaker of the House and Tom Lee. Said that if those fools ever try to run for higher office they're going to pay for it - won't get the vote from South Florida. Also said that the South Florida senators and representatives that went against this will pay a heavy price in the next election.

 

He also despises the Northern Florida politicos. He thinks they do this sort of thing just to spite So. Florida.

 

But, he says that the stadium will be built with or without state money. He sounds pretty confident, too.

 

But remember all this confidence from TMBN and del Castillo is a BAD thing. :rolleyes:

festa how is it a bad thing? or am i lost?

 

 

That was directed at Rferry who said a few days ago he doesn't trust Cape, del Castillo or I because we're "Hialeah cheerleaders" and too confident in our reporting.

oooo...gotcha...yeah...i mean everyone has the right to be skeptical...but damn...he takes it overboard...its good news people...treat it that way until proven otherwise

festa how is it a bad thing? or am i lost?

 

 

That was directed at Rferry who said a few days ago he doesn't trust Cape, del Castillo or I because we're "Hialeah cheerleaders" and too confident in our reporting.

 

 

 

:arms :arms :arms

 

Lets go Hialeah Cheerleaders!

But, he says that the stadium will be built with or without state money. He sounds pretty confident, too.

 

:thumbup

festa how is it a bad thing? or am i lost?

 

 

That was directed at Rferry who said a few days ago he doesn't trust Cape, del Castillo or I because we're "Hialeah cheerleaders" and too confident in our reporting.

 

 

 

:arms :arms :arms

 

Lets go Hialeah Cheerleaders!

 

:notworthy

I don't think the Mayor would go on the show today if he had bad news.

 

I would like to thank Jerry Del Castillo for being our source of breaking news about the ballpark issue. So far everything that Jerry has told us has been right on the money.

 

How great would it be if Mayor Robaina said today that a deal were about to signed?

i think their already have plan in case the house did not pass the bill their been planning for month already talk to marlins every week my feeling something going soon maybe by end of may or june

I think that Jerry is doing a great job. I have heard the show as a result of this and Capefish's blog. The thing of it is that sometimes his reports are overly optimistic.

 

For example, I did not glean anywhere near the positive news that were reported in these sites from the last appearance by the Mayor. I thought he was positive, but overly general to make any judgements. I also thought that the conversation was pretty much about how he was working on it and that he was supportive of it.

 

What I still wonder is about the land. Codina has never said that he would donate the land. I assume that there may have been some back door meetings that the land would be donated in exchange for helping him get the UDB moved.

 

Either way, I think that every single person in this board should be writing their representatives and senators. We need to turns this into an election issue for this area. Also, write King, Lee, and Fasano and voice your displeasure with their antics. I am so furious about their little maneuverings. I am sure thay were supportive of "coorporate welfare" for the stadiums in Jax and Tampa.

I don't think the Mayor would go on the show today if he had bad news.

 

I would like to thank Jerry Del Castillo for being our source of breaking news about the ballpark issue. So far everything that Jerry has told us has been right on the money.

 

How great would it be if Mayor Robaina said today that a deal were about to signed?

 

 

Well, Julio did promise del Castillo he'd make the announcement on his show. But I seriously doubt that's what will happen today. Jerry would have hinted something yesterday.

Can someone post updates throughout the show? I don't know spanish so I will be lost ;) .

 

 

The spanish isn't necessary. ;)

I don't think the Mayor would go on the show today if he had bad news.

 

I would like to thank Jerry Del Castillo for being our source of breaking news about the ballpark issue. So far everything that Jerry has told us has been right on the money.

 

How great would it be if Mayor Robaina said today that a deal were about to signed?

 

 

Well, Julio did promise del Castillo he'd make the announcement on his show. But I seriously doubt that's what will happen today. Jerry would have hinted something yesterday.

no he wouldn't have hinted a thing

Can someone post updates throughout the show? I don't know spanish so I will be lost ;) .

 

 

The spanish isn't necessary. ;)

 

Its not in Spanish? I thought it was. I am confused.

Can someone post updates throughout the show? I don't know spanish so I will be lost ;) .

 

 

The spanish isn't necessary. ;)

 

Its not in Spanish? I thought it was. I am confused.

I think he was trying to say that the fact that it is in spanish isn't necessary for you to be lost... and your response kind of confirmed that :p

Can someone post updates throughout the show? I don't know spanish so I will be lost ;) .

 

 

The spanish isn't necessary. ;)

 

Its not in Spanish? I thought it was. I am confused.

I think he was trying to say that the fact that it is in spanish isn't necessary for you to be lost... and your response kind of confirmed that :p

 

 

:lol :lol :lol

Can someone post updates throughout the show? I don't know spanish so I will be lost ;) .

 

 

The spanish isn't necessary. ;)

 

Its not in Spanish? I thought it was. I am confused.

I think he was trying to say that the fact that it is in spanish isn't necessary for you to be lost... and your response kind of confirmed that :p

 

:lol I was 100% sure it was in Spanish but his response sounded like understanding Spanish isnt necessary for this radio program.

Can someone post updates throughout the show? I don't know spanish so I will be lost ;) .

 

 

The spanish isn't necessary. ;)

 

Its not in Spanish? I thought it was. I am confused.

I think he was trying to say that the fact that it is in spanish isn't necessary for you to be lost... and your response kind of confirmed that :p

 

:lol I was 100% sure it was in Spanish but his response sounded like understanding Spanish isnt necessary for this radio program.

 

*right over head

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.