Modern Day Murderor's Row

Eddie Altamonte

Early in this season we are very lucky to see unveiling before our eyes, one of the most powerful lineups in the history of baseball...The White Sox will be hard pressed to relinquish their title of World Champs...Everyone mentions the Yankees and the Red Sox as the premier teams in baseball but the most explosive offense is that of the CHISOX from 2-7 in their batting order EVERYONE is hitting .320 or above...Scott Podsednick has had a slow start at the top of the order but he should get it in gear very soon...Uribe and Anderson are the holes in the lineup but evan Uribe is no slouch with the lumber so by season end his average will even out with more than a few timely homers to boot, Cintron is a very good hitter waiting in the wing if for any reason Uribe can't shake it off (Uribe went 3-4 with 2 doubles tonite)...Anderson is a very serious concern on the other hand the majors might be a little too big of an adjustment for him. The White Sox can hit at a level that brings to mind the Big Red Machine or even the 1927 Yankees...Wow lets sit back and enjoy

Iguchi .331 26 runs

Thome .321 14 HR 35 rbi

Konerko .331 25 rbi

Dye .325

Pierzynski .323

Crede .330

Early in this season we are very lucky to see unveiling before our eyes, one of the most powerful lineups in the history of baseball

If they are one of the most powerful lineups in the HISTORY of baseball, the world might be coming to an end.

They aren't even the most powerful lineup THIS YEAR in baseball, let alone talk about history.

Plus, maybe we should wait a little longer than 32 games before we call that lineup a historically great one.

The Blue Jays have played the same amount of games and have hit more home runs. If you're talking home runs.

The Tigers are hitting the most home runs per game.

And the Indians have a much better team batting average.

The White Sox are just an awesome all around baseball team...I don't know if they even have the best lineup in the Central, but they sure as heck look like the best overall team.

Early in this season we are very lucky to see unveiling before our eyes, one of the most powerful lineups in the history of baseball...The White Sox will be hard pressed to relinquish their title of World Champs...Everyone mentions the Yankees and the Red Sox as the premier teams in baseball but the most explosive offense is that of the CHISOX from 2-7 in their batting order EVERYONE is hitting .320 or above...Scott Podsednick has had a slow start at the top of the order but he should get it in gear very soon...Uribe and Anderson are the holes in the lineup but evan Uribe is no slouch with the lumber so by season end his average will even out with more than a few timely homers to boot, Cintron is a very good hitter waiting in the wing if for any reason Uribe can't shake it off (Uribe went 3-4 with 2 doubles tonite)...Anderson is a very serious concern on the other hand the majors might be a little too big of an adjustment for him. The White Sox can hit at a level that brings to mind the Big Red Machine or even the 1927 Yankees...Wow lets sit back and enjoy

Iguchi .331 26 runs

Thome .321 14 HR 35 rbi

Konerko .331 25 rbi

Dye .325

Pierzynski .323

Crede .330

iguchi, crede, and pierzynski's averages wil drop up a lot..this is just the beginning of the year. crede hit around .255 last year didn't he?...konerko and thome will continue to post these kinds of numbers.

This is one of the most idiotic things I have read. Come on. Yes, those numbers are certainly impressive, but its early in the season. Crede is one of the most streaky players in the game and I bet his avg with even out around .250 or so. I wouldn't even put this in the top 5 lineups THIS season alone.

I did qualify that it was early in the season!...booyah22 defend your comment that the ChiSox are not in the top 5 this season. Show your body of evidence... in comparison which 5 lineups are outperformining the white sox? I love the Tribe I go to ST at Winter Haven all the time but even if they have the highest batting average offense is better distributed in white sox's lineup. I am just saying keep an eye on that team they are hitting and hitting and hitting. They look like they may be very special

This is one of the most idiotic things I have read. Come on. Yes, those numbers are certainly impressive, but its early in the season. Crede is one of the most streaky players in the game and I bet his avg with even out around .250 or so. I wouldn't even put this in the top 5 lineups THIS season alone.

BTW I gave empirical evidence not unsubstaciated subjective impressions like you did booyah22 which is an idiot's approach to an argument...That means in your 6th grade literacy level I presented numbers and didn't just talk out of the side of my neck like you did

I did qualify that it was early in the season!...booyah22 defend your comment that the ChiSox are not in the top 5 this season. Show your body of evidence... in comparison which 5 lineups are outperformining the white sox? I love the Tribe I go to ST at Winter Haven all the time but even if they have the highest batting average offense is better distributed in white sox's lineup. I am just saying keep an eye on that team they are hitting and hitting and hitting. They look like they may be very special

BTW I gave empirical evidence not unsubstaciated subjective impressions like you did booyah22 which is an idiot's approach to an argument...That means in your 6th grade literacy level I presented numbers and didn't just talk out of the side of my neck like you did

That can be a pretty potent lineup, but those guys are almost all hitting over their career averages by a lot.

If you had said one of the better hitting teams in the league to this point, it'd be ok, but to compare them to Murderers Row is idiotic.

Thome is on pace for 70 homers and Konerko is on pace for 35. That's not murderer's row. It's spectacular for sure, but not one of the greatest lineups ever.

While we're on the subject of the Sox, can we all agree they benefitted more from timely homers than any amount of "small ball" last year?

That can be a pretty potent lineup, but those guys are almost all hitting over their career averages by a lot.

If you had said one of the better hitting teams in the league to this point, it'd be ok, but to compare them to Murderers Row is idiotic.

Thome is on pace for 70 homers and Konerko is on pace for 35. That's not murderer's row. It's spectacular for sure, but not one of the greatest lineups ever.

While we're on the subject of the Sox, can we all agree they benefitted more from timely homers than any amount of "small ball" last year?

I like ur commentary bobob but you have boxed yourself in the corner with an unfair premise...homers....remember that was the deadball era... Ruth had 60 dingers and Gehrig had 47 (unheard of in those days) after that you had Lazzeri with 18 other than those 3 no other player had double digits homers. What made them murderors row was anyone in the whole lineup was considered deadly threat offensively

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlib...1927yankees.stm

I like ur commentary bobob but you have boxed yourself in the corner with an unfair premise...homers....remember that was the deadball era... Ruth had 60 dingers and Gehrig had 47 (unheard of in those days) after that you had Lazzeri with 18 other than those 3 no other player had double digits homers. What made them murderors row was anyone in the whole lineup was considered deadly threat offensively

Ruth alone had more home runs than all but 3 teams in the league.

That means for this to be comparable, Thome would have to hit about 200 homers on his own. They hit almost 1/3 of the total homers in the AL that year. The White Sox would have to hit 800 homers as a team.

I don't think anyone considers Pierzinksky a real threat, despite his hot start. I think they'll be lucky to have 3 guys over 30 homers and 3 guys over .300 by season's end, as Thome and Konerko are pretty much the only one's who have a history of being great hitters.

Ruth alone had more home runs than all but 3 teams in the league.

That means for this to be comparable, Thome would have to hit about 200 homers on his own. They hit almost 1/3 of the total homers in the AL that year. The White Sox would have to hit 800 homers as a team.

I don't think anyone considers Pierzinksky a real threat, despite his hot start. I think they'll be lucky to have 3 guys over 30 homers and 3 guys over .300 by season's end, as Thome and Konerko are pretty much the only one's who have a history of being great hitters.

You r 100% right about Ruth maybe u r right about the white sox lineup lets watch the upcoming months and see how they holdup

You r 100% right about Ruth maybe u r right about the white sox lineup lets watch the upcoming months and see how they holdup

It won't matter. They will win with pitching, just like last year. Even when these player's cool off and revert to their norms, they'll keep winning.