Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Herald Stadium Update

Featured Replies

...the land is going to be given by Codina

 

 

Now this is the big deal here. You seem pretty sure about this and I have no reason to doubt you yet. Now I'm 100% positive that there's no way that this guy would give away land for nothing, so there is something that the city or county, or the Marlins, is offering him in return for this. No business man is going to give away his assests for free. The question is what is this that they're offering him in return? I'd really really like to know, if you know what it is Festa.

He'll get money out of it.

Codina wants a whole shopping district. Thats where the money is going to come from with a tax on his district. In return for the land donated, he gets to build his shopping center.

 

 

At least thats what I infer from what everyone else is saying.

I don't care if Codina wants to build another DisneyWorld...Whatever the hell he wants give it to him if it's gonna get us a stadium. I hope Codina does extremely well so Hyzenga can realize what a stupid pompous selfish idiot he really is, besides being a real a**hole!

Now this is the big deal here. You seem pretty sure about this and I have no reason to doubt you yet. Now I'm 100% positive that there's no way that this guy would give away land for nothing, so there is something that the city or county, or the Marlins, is offering him in return for this. No business man is going to give away his assests for free. The question is what is this that they're offering him in return? I'd really really like to know, if you know what it is Festa.

 

 

Actually I think that is one of the most interesting thing going on. Codina has been quoted as saying not only has donating land not even been discussed, but that he is not interested in donating or selling land for a stadium.

 

But there is the fact that Hialeah working some mojo to get the boundaries moved certainly helps him out in the development angle, and it really doesn't seem likely that a city would do that without at least having a handshake deal for something they want, plus the fact that a stadium in the area certainly makes it a more appealing development site (meaning he makes more money off his land).

 

He could easily make up the value of the land donated with the increased value, plus without the cities help he would probably not be able to use the land.

 

It makes a lot of sense that he would donate the land, both as an exchange of favors, and to increase the value of his own ventures on the land.

Codina owns what 550 Acres and the stadium will only be on 30-35 acres of Codina's land.

Everyone thought the Orange Bowl site was done deal.

 

Care to show this information? Sounds like your opinion to me. Maybe you can show me some quotes from "everyone" that said the Orange Bowl site was a "done deal". I don't remember that being said by anyone related to that negotiation, ever. But since you boys from Texas seem to know a lot about the inner workings of South Florida negotiations maybe you can show me some of those quotes from "everyone".

 

Now the "everyone" comment is in general from the fans Meaning that the feeling is that the stadium deal in Hialeah will get done just like they thought the OB was going to get done. Quite often while tailgating before UM games people were asking "where's the stadium going? I NEVER claimed that the people close to negotiations said it was done deal. I don't care how close anyone says the deal is to being completed. When it's is signed sealed and delivered I will celebrate. I go all the way back to the Miami Screaming Eagles to know about being disappointment about sports teams.

 

It's quite obvious you don't read the entire post. You somehow got the impression that because I rooted for the Longhorns that I am from Texas. How about the line where I said "There has been enough disappointment over the years down here" you couldn't gather that I am from Miami???? Let me give you a slight clue, I was born and raised here and graduated from UT. I am willing to bet that I go to more sporting events down here (in S. Florida) than you do.

Now the "everyone" comment is in general from the fans Meaning that the feeling is that the stadium deal in Hialeah will get done just like they thought the OB was going to get done. Quite often while tailgating before UM games people were asking "where's the stadium going? I NEVER claimed that the people close to negotiations said it was done deal.

 

 

So you're basing the "everyone" comment on fans, which is what I thought. That makes it meaningless to me. The point I was trying to make was that the comments coming out of Hialeah and the Marlins sound better than they've ever sounded.

 

I don't care how close anyone says the deal is to being completed. When it's is signed sealed and delivered I will celebrate.

 

Me too

 

It's quite obvious you don't read the entire post. You somehow got the impression that because I rooted for the Longhorns that I am from Texas. How about the line where I said "There has been enough disappointment over the years down here" you couldn't gather that I am from Miami????

 

I read the entire post, but you're right...I did miss that. A simple oversight. Sorry.

 

Let me give you a slight clue, I was born and raised here and graduated from UT. I am willing to bet that I go to more sporting events down here (in S. Florida) than you do.

 

I was raised in South Florida too and I'm willing to bet that you do go to more events down there only because I'm not there anymore, out of necessity, so don't pump your chest out so much. Just because you're there doesn't make you a better fan(I know you didn't say that, but that's what you implied in that statement). When I get back down there in a few years, I'll be at plenty, probably with season tickets to all four sports.

 

 

 

Back on topic. So Codina wants to build a mall on that land, is that what it is? So what's stopping him from building his mall anyway, even without the Marlins there? I think someone above might have hit on it. The stadium would make his land more valuable and the small amount of acres that he gives up would be recouped by the increased value of the land around it. Is that right? Now it starts to make sense why he would give away land like that.

Back on topic. So Codina wants to build a mall on that land, is that what it is? So what's stopping him from building his mall anyway, even without the Marlins there? I think someone above might have hit on it. The stadium would make his land more valuable and the small amount of acres that he gives up would be recouped by the increased value of the land around it. Is that right? Now it starts to make sense why he would give away land like that.

 

 

 

He wants to build a Main Street type atmosphere surrounding the stadium and wants to have 25-30k customers in the area for 81 days a year.

He wants to build a Main Street type atmosphere surrounding the stadium and wants to have 25-30k customers in the area for 81 days a year.

 

 

Something like Huizenga does near Dolphin Stadium. Except Codina is going to get what he wants because he's willing to see the big picture and share. Good for Codina if it's true and too bad for Wayne...should have donated the land.

Back on topic. So Codina wants to build a mall on that land, is that what it is? So what's stopping him from building his mall anyway, even without the Marlins there? I think someone above might have hit on it. The stadium would make his land more valuable and the small amount of acres that he gives up would be recouped by the increased value of the land around it. Is that right? Now it starts to make sense why he would give away land like that.

 

 

 

He wants to build a Main Street type atmosphere surrounding the stadium and wants to have 25-30k customers in the area for 81 days a year.

If there is an ESPN Zone their it will be awsome.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.