June 29, 200620 yr J.J. goes to the Magic. Stuart Scott could not go one show without bringing up Carolina could he?
June 29, 200620 yr Author OK JJ REDICK!! Light it up in Otown!! Prove em all wrong! Brewer and Carney are slip slip slipping.
June 29, 200620 yr So, how does JJ fit in with the Magic? We have Jameer, Stevenson, Arroyo, Dooling and Diener in the backcourt. Is JJ ahead of Dooling on the depth chart? I would think he would be going into the season.
June 29, 200620 yr A lot of trades tonight..... so the Sixers traded straight up a guy they could have taken at 13??????
June 29, 200620 yr Author So, how does JJ fit in with the Magic? We have Jameer, Stevenson, Arroyo, Dooling and Diener in the backcourt. Is JJ ahead of Dooling on the depth chart? I would think he would be going into the season. Stevenson opted out so still up in the air as to whether he comes back. But if he does, it would create an a good combination at the SG spot with the defensive Stevenson and the shooting Redick. But whether or not he comes back, Id definitely say he is going to get a lot of time at SG. Diener will start slipping out of the rotation. PG-Jameer, Arroyo SG-Stevenson, Redick, Dooling or Dooling, Redick In fact, Im sure he will be given the opportunity to fight for the starting spot and I hope he wins it.I know people say that Jameer and Redick will be good offensively but terrible defensively, but Im not positive of that. Unlike other players in the NBA, neither of them is lazy and they both play hard. But both have physical drawbacks. The key is that Howard and Darko are shot blocking defensive machines, moreso Darko. That should allow both guys to mask these defecencies. Just force the opposing guard to drive into the shot blockers. When we play guys like Wade, allow our defensive stopper like Stevenson or Dooling to get more time. I just think that a guy like Redick doesnt come out of college with such a storied career statistically and other ways and not end up being a solid pro. It was a safe pick and I like it.
June 29, 200620 yr Very deep team. However, their size and physical game is still in question IMO (outside of Howard, of course), and that depth isn't exactly breath-taking - a lot of similar players on the roster. There are building blocks though. The Magic should go for a power forward type with #41 IMO. I'm really looking forward to watching this team build upon each other. Howard, Darko, Ariza, Jameer, JJ, Arroyo. I like the direction the team is headed.
June 29, 200620 yr Author Dont forget the cap room going into one of the deepest FA pools in a long time. We have a ton of quality role players, two up and coming stars, and cap room. Im VERY optimistic.
June 29, 200620 yr Dont forget the cap room going into one of the deepest FA pools in a long time. We have a ton of quality role players, two up and coming stars, and cap room. Im VERY optimistic. Should be very interested. By the way, What's Hill's status? I haven't been paying much attention to the NBA with the Tigers playing so well. :confused
June 29, 200620 yr Author Dont forget the cap room going into one of the deepest FA pools in a long time. We have a ton of quality role players, two up and coming stars, and cap room. Im VERY optimistic. Should be very interested. By the way, What's Hill's status? I haven't been paying much attention to the NBA with the Tigers playing so well. :confused Supposedly he said he would retire if he had to have abdomen surgery. But I think the surgery wasnt a big deal or he elected not to take it. He is healed and ready to play..but it is Grant Hill. I dont think they are relying on him but he could be a pleasant surprise.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.