Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The 2006 NBA Draft

Featured Replies

I'm really not sure who i want the bulls to draft.. aldridge or thomas is fine with me. all we're doing is building a supporting cast for lebron ;)

 

 

 

You are going to trade your draft picks to Cleveland? :shifty

we're just gonna sign him after next season ;)

 

Well.. either him or bosh... or wade :mischief

 

bosh has already annoucned he is re-signing.

 

lebron shouldnt be too far behind, that team will continue to get good, considering who is running that franchise now.

 

and wade this summer also. sorry but thanks for playing.

I'm not doing the JJ arguement again. Any way you slice it, he's going to be in the league three years from now. I'm beyond tired of this discussion, so I'm only going to speak out against the most assinine comments.

If Isiah wasn't around....Billy King would be the biggest idiot in the NBA.

Celtics deal their 7th pick for Sebastian Telfair......doesn't make much sense unless there is a 2nd move coming.

Celtics deal their 7th pick for Sebastian Telfair......doesn't make much sense unless there is a 2nd move coming.

 

Celtics needed a PG, but I think they could have got a better one at #7.

 

Dee Brown will be a better pro the Telfair will be, and Dee probably won't go until late 1st/ early 2nd.

Dee Brown will not be a better player then Telfair. Brown doesn't have anywhere close to the handle Telfair has and Brown is inconsistent from outside.

If you put Dee next to a guy like Kobe where Dee will be able to get open shots, he will be better then Telfair. Dee was a solid shooter his Junior year when he had more then 1 decent player around him. Not to mention Brown is twice the defender Telfair is.

 

I don't get why the Celtics traded the number 7 pick for a guy that got picked 15th (I think), and hasn't done anything in his career.

If you put Dee next to a guy like Kobe where Dee will be able to get open shots, he will be better then Telfair. Dee was a solid shooter his Junior year when he had more then 1 decent player around him. Not to mention Brown is twice the defender Telfair is.

 

I don't get why the Celtics traded the number 7 pick for a guy that got picked 15th (I think), and hasn't done anything in his career.

 

i'll take danny ainge is an idiot for 500 alex.

In a normal year, Telfair isn't worth anything close to a 7th pick. This is not a normal year.

 

Looking at past drafts, I don't see how this can possibly be worse than the 2000 draft. Good God, that thing was awful. I'm not sure there's even one player of any real significance in the whole thing. Kenyon Martin or Morris Peterson are about as close as you're gonna get. Maybe Darius Miles. Maybe Desmond Mason. But seriously, the 5 best players from that draft would probably be the worst starting 5 in the league.

I'm hoping I don't hear the Heat's name called at all because I'm worried that they will trade Wright or Simien for Diaz or someone else who's equally lame. Both Wright and Simien have potential to be decent starters in this league, and Wright's ceiling is much higher than that. He could, in a best case scenario, become an All-Star. I don't see Diaz being a decent starter.

Bargnini goes #1

Alrdridge goes 2 to the Bulls..but apparently a trade going down with the Blazers?

 

Yep, Alrdidge to the Blazer, Thomas to Bulls along with some foreign guy (forget the name) and future considerations.

Bobcats are a glorified College all-star team

  • Author

Wow...Jordan went with Morrison at #4. Surprising. Nobody expected that.

 

 

Bargnini goes #1

Alrdridge goes 2 to the Bulls..but apparently a trade going down with the Blazers?

 

Yep, Alrdidge to the Blazer, Thomas to Bulls along with some foreign guy (forget the name) and future considerations. Viktor Khryapa..Blazers first pick at 22 few years ago.

 

And here comes Vitale ranting about college players. God he is clueless.

 

 

Bulls have an athletic ferocious shot blocking front court. Looks like a definite outside-in team.

Shelden Williams at #5 was a bit surprising to me. I thought Gay or Foye would go before him...but it's all about filling a position of need.

Brandon Roy will be the best player from this class....

I thought Portland has this pick....

That was an excellent trade for the Blazers. Foye will be a much better player then Telfair, IMO.

 

I thought Portland has this pick....

 

They do.

 

Battier going to Houston, number 8 pick (which will be Gay) going to Memphis.

Shelden Williams at #5 was a bit surprising to me. I thought Gay or Foye would go before him...but it's all about filling a position of need.

 

 

nbadraft.net has had him as the hawks pick.

I'm not saying it isn't warranted. But I thought the Hawks would take Roy or Foye.

Patrick O'Bryant is alittle overrated IMO. He doesn't seem to have quick feet, he just lumbers around.

 

Another trade

 

Foye to Minny

Roy to Portland

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.