Marlins favored to win World Series over 21 other teams

TheDon

The Marlins are currently 15-1 to with the World Series as of 07/13/06.

Here are a sampling from the 21 teams that are bigger underdogs to win it all this year:

Arizona, Reds (20/1), Astros, Dodgers, Brewers, Phillies, Padres, Giants, Rangers and Braves.

I thought this was very interesting. Things I could attribute to them getting so much respect from oddsmakers are ease of schedule for the second half, and taking into consideration that the team has lost a lot of 1 run games and even during the 11-31 spurt, the team very rarely got blown out.

Someone must have made a huge bet on the Marlins on Bodag and they're just covering themselves, or they made an input error. On the site I use(WSEX) the Marlins are 150-1. We are the 26th team on the list. The Royals, Pirates, Rays, and Nationals are the only teams with higher odds :hat The other teams you mention are mainly in the 20/1 to 33/1 range as a frame of reference.

Someone must have made a huge bet on the Marlins on Bodag and they're just covering themselves, or they made an input error. On the site I use(WSEX) the Marlins are 150-1. We are the 26th team on the list. The Royals, Pirates, Rays, and Nationals are the only teams with higher odds :hat The other teams you mention are mainly in the 20/1 to 33/1 range as a frame of reference.

I thought the same thing at first.

I even exited out and re-logged in just to clarify that is was 15-1.

I now have a feeling that its an error or as you said a cover.

I hope everyone understands that I didnt do this as a joke. :confused

Can anyone else check Bodog and tell me if they're seeing the same thing I am?

I honestly wouldn't take any NL team to win the series at any worse than 25:1.

Heck, you could give me NL Field to win the World Series at 25:1 and I don't know if I'd take it.

I agree 100%.

My point wasnt that the Marlins @ 15-1 was a good futures wager.

I was just shocked that they were so low.

Like pierremvp said.......its either an input error or some whale bet all the coconuts on the Marlins and Bodog is just covering themselves.

After reading the first post and all the responses, I'm convinced that 95% of you don't take the time to read the entire thread before responding. You just look at the initial post and respond to that, and in most cases what you write has been already covered which renders your post a waste of time. Geez, at least take a quick look at a few of the responses so you don't look like a jack###.

The Padres are a bigger underdog then the Marlins? Thats a joke.

I kind of understand you point but what makes you think the Padres have ANY shot of winning the World Series?

What have they ever done to make you think so?

I think the Marlins and Padres have the same shot at winning the WS. No shot.

The Padres are a bigger underdog then the Marlins? Thats a joke.

I kind of understand you point but what makes you think the Padres have ANY shot of winning the World Series?

What have they ever done to make you think so?

I think the Marlins and Padres have the same shot at winning the WS. No shot.

I don't think the Padres will win the World Series but, not to sound unfaithful, I do think that have a better shot then the Marlins. This year.

That was the point.

someone must have dumped an assload of money on the Fish, they are just covering their own asses I guess

I put $10 to win about $1500 but i doubt i was the culprit.

:mischief

How did you do that at 15/1 on Badog.com? It seems like you need another site apart from Badog to get the 150/1 that you say you got. Or was Badog at 150/1 and then went down to 15/1 at some point after your wager. Anyway, if anyone feels left out, the Marlins are 100/1 to 200/1 in Vegas. And if a fish came along that wanted to make a large wager, I'm sure there's a few places that would giddily accept a $5000 bet and offer even higher odds. And there is an Internet site that is offering the proper 150/1 for those willing to take the plunge. Just don't bet the college fund.