For those who know about baseball cards

Fish4Life

That's not his rookie card...

This is his Bowman Chrome Rookie

Yea ive seen that card as well.. I just tyed what it says on the card I showed.. Its says Bowman Chrome Rookie on the back of the card

Anyway, is the card I have valued at anything?

Fish4Life just looked up the value of it and its worth $1.50

now the True Rookie Card that Tswift25 showed you is worth $20

Ahhh ok cool... thanks man... So the card that I have isn't consider a rookie? What would be its title.. Just a Normal Boman Chrome card... That jersey he's wearing is from the Futures all star game.. I know that... Its cool though I got a buddy who gave me 25 of them so thats why I was wondering if they had any value..

it also depends on the condition of the card. if it's in mint condition it'll be worth $1.50. but if a corner is worn or bent that will really decrease it's value.

No all 25 of the Cards are in PEFRECT Mint condition.. They each have one of those card cases... I was just wondering if they were worth something so I can get rid of some... I don't need 25 of them...

it also depends on the condition of the card. if it's in mint condition it'll be worth $1.50. but if a corner is worn or bent that will really decrease it's value.

No all 25 of the Cards are in PEFRECT Mint condition.. They each have one of those card cases... I was just wondering if they were worth something so I can get rid of some... I don't need 25 of them...

You could sell them all for 40 bucks. Thats about all.

You could sell them all for 40 bucks. Thats about all.

Im not really trying to make all this BIG MONEY you know... I just would keep like 3-5 for me and sell the 20 for like 0.75 each or something like that... Just posted here because I know some people here know alot about baseball cards...

Thanks for the info guys :thumbup

its just a normal baseball card u are correct. the 2002 card he was first placed on the 40 man roster, that year is his true rookie card year thats why it is worth so much money.

i would sell a couple of those, especially since Bowman Chrome is a very nice product. its known as "The Home of the Rookie Card"

its just a normal baseball card u are correct. the 2002 card he was first placed on the 40 man roster, that year is his true rookie card year thats why it is worth so much money.

i would sell a couple of those, especially since Bowman Chrome is a very nice product. its known as "The Home of the Rookie Card"

Ahhh OK! Got it... Thats why its worth much more than the other one.. Cool man thats for the info... Im gonna see if I get rid of some that I have

CY here's another card I found online..

Them all saying Rookie Card confuses me :lol :lol I guess this is a rookie card for Topps right? The other was bowman...

Uh?

where can one look up the value of baseball cards??

i have so many from when i was a kid, i may have gem in there somewhere

www.beckett.com

Ahhh OK! Got it... Thats why its worth much more than the other one.. Cool man thats for the info... Im gonna see if I get rid of some that I have

CY here's another card I found online..

Them all saying Rookie Card confuses me :lol :lol I guess this is a rookie card for Topps right? The other was bowman...

it's kinda complicated, let me try to explain it...

back in the day, when there was only one product (topps), any players first card was considered a rookie card...a couple guys would have had a few major league seasons and still have their card be a rookie card...

Then, with Fleer, Donruss, and later Upper Deck, and with each company starting to make numerous products a year, the companies would rush to be able to have the true rookie card.

It started back in 83 (I think) with the Topps Mark McGwire team USA card...His 87/ 86 update cards are not considered rookie cards (although they were at the time), because of the 83 card. During the 90's, with the rise of Topps' Bowman product and all these other companies producing cards of players while they were still in the minors and even before ever playing a game in the minors, it developed confusion over what players rookie cards really were, as companies would sign players to contracts to manufacture cards of them before (as minor leaguers must have individual contracts to print cards of as they are not part of the MLBPA).

So basically, some time in the 90's, Beckett developed the rules for rookie cards:

*A player's rookie card is defined as any card printed in the year they first appeared as a base card in major league sets (inserts and minor league products do not count)

*If a player's first card in a major league set came in an end of season update set (Fleer Update, Topps Traded, etc.), then it's considered an extended rookie card while the cards in the next year are the true rookie cards

Last year, the MLBPA changed the rules, including revoking Donruss' baseball license and each company limited to 20 products a year, effective this year. The thing that pertains to this is that no player may appear in a major league set until they make their team's 40 man roster (with the exception of Bowman, which may print inserts of those players so that they are not considered rookie cards)...also, any rookie must have that rookie card label, regardless if it's a true rookie card or not

Still, if you're simply collecting, a rookie card is whatever you consider it to be...if you sell your stuff, it's a different story

it's not like basketball and football where a rookie card is any card printed in their rookie year

Uh?

www.beckett.com

Beckett makes you pay.

yea they do i paid for the online price guide since i collect baseball cards and put together a big collection. but if u do need prices just PM Me or contact me on aim and i will help u out.

Fish4Life what year is the Jeremy Hermida card u just showed now? I got a card of that of Hanley Ramirez saying the same thing from 2006 Bowman but of course it aint the true rookie. His card is from 2003 and its keeps skyrocketing.

one marlin card that keeps going up in value for me, is the 2006 Topps Co-Signers Dan Uggla Autograph, its a $20 and climbing.

Each company puts out a rookie card for the player, and they don't necessarily have to be the same year.

Some guys get cards in their first professional year (1st rounders and other valued picks in the draft), while some don't get anything for years (Uggla).

Uh?

www.beckett.com

or you can just buy one of their magazines...i got one for like $5 and i've been looking up the values of some of my cards..i've been disappointed with the values of the ones i'm willing to sell..