Survivor: China

EndLine

Ha. I think I dislike Bruce the most. Although that sketch he did last night was pretty cool. He's completely full of himself, apparently for no good reason. He's kind of ridiculous.

Terry is also full of himself, but at least he has a good reason. I still don't have to like him, though. Tom Westman pulled off the alpha-male thing much better. Westman was probably even more dominant, and yet he didn't throw it in people's faces. Everyone liked him. Terry is close to a lock for 2nd place.

The only one out there I actively like is Cerie. She seems like a pretty good bet for 3rd place, though, as the competitor no one is remotely scared about until the Final Two, at which point she becomes the scariest of all.

Survivor was the beginning of the downfall of mankind. Thanks a lot, guys!

I think you're going to have to go at least as far back as The Real World to find the beginning.

Yeah, but that was confined to MTV, where it wasn't a threat. Survivor was the first network reality show that I know of. I'm sure the networks loved those things, they don't have to pay these people much of anything, since it's basically a season-long game show (usually). They can get the same ratings as a "Friends" or "Raymond", without the $20 million per episode cost of those longer-running shows.

Survivor was the beginning of the downfall of mankind. Thanks a lot, guys!

I think you're going to have to go at least as far back as The Real World to find the beginning.

Yeah, but that was confined to MTV, where it wasn't a threat. Survivor was the first network reality show that I know of. I'm sure the networks loved those things, they don't have to pay these people much of anything, since it's basically a season-long game show (usually). They can get the same ratings as a "Friends" or "Raymond", without the $20 million per episode cost of those longer-running shows.

Maybe.

But I actually don't think there would be a Survivor without "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"...

That show brought back the game show in force with monstrous ratings. Something about watching real people compete for a million dollar prize.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that was just confusing as hell. Never seen a vote like that. Very deftly played by Cirie. One of the all-time great strategic shifts right there.

Terry's almost certainly going to the Final Two. I'd put that as a 90% probablility. He only needs to win one of the next two immunity challenges to make the Final Three. And no one is beating him in the last challenge. Is there any way that Cirie can angle this so that she can get Terry to choose her for the Final Two? I don't know. At this point, though, that's what the game has come down to. Every player should be looking to make the Final Three, along with Terry, and with someone else who Terry is more likely to get rid of.

This is all about Terry's mind now. He keeps saying you want to beat the best. So, does that mean he'll take the "most deserving" to the Final Two? I wouldn't put it past him...he is not a very good strategic player. Or will he take someone he thinks he has the best chance of beating? And does such a person even exist now that Courtney is gone?

Shane is in the hot seat now...but who knows what will happen next week.

Madbul, I really want Cirie to tell Shane off next week. How sweet would that be? Remember when Shane threatened Cirie on the second episode telling her she was next to go? Cirie can turn the tables right here.

Terry's Immunity Idol is useless after next week. They can't beat him physically or mentally. He's basically Tom Westman.

Cirie's too smart to tell Shane off. She may even realign with him if she thinks it's too her advantage...which it might be. Still, I think her best hope is to stick with Aras and hope like hell Aras takes down Terry in the Final 3. Aras seems like the kind of moron who would take Cirie to the Final Two over Terry.

Good memory on Episode Two, though. I'd forgotten about that.

Also, Terry is Tom Westman in that sense that he's basically unbeatable in the individual challenges. But, still, he's no Tom Westman. Tom dominated that game from start to finish, and still at the end most people liked him. He won ever team immunity challenge, and most of the individual challenges. He was the leader on one of the most cohesive tribes ever, and somehow he managed to avoid getting voted off and avoid generating resentment.

On the other hand, Terry's team got obliterated. And he's an arrogant ass that basically no one likes. Even Sally didn't like him, which was evident from a CBS.com interview. Terry will probably get one or two votes at best, no matter who he goes up against in the Final.

Terry will in all likelihood win that Final Three. I think, from watching the preview, that Danielle is going to make a play at getting Terry's hidden immunity idol in exchange for loyalty or some sh*t. If you assume Terry's going to win the next two immunities, then he basically is in total control of who he wants to take to the Final Two. I'm not sure he can beat anyone, but his best chance is probably to go against Danielle. So, I can see where aligning with her makes the most sense for him.

It's a mutually beneficial move that should be made. I don't really like either one of them that much, but I will respect the move. Aras would in all likelihood be the next to go, leaving Cirie as an easy out in the Final Three.

Guest CrimsonCane

Are the cards really that stacked up against Terry though in a Final Two situation? I mean the Aras, Danielle, and Cirie alliance has made strategic moves to keep themselves in the game, but they've burned a ton of bridges to get there.

As it stands, the jury is:

1) Austin

2) Sally

3) Bruce

4) Courtney

5) Shane

Austin and Sally were on Terry's tribe. While Sally may harbor some resentment that Terry didn't pass along the immunity idol to her, I think Terry has at least Austin's vote shored up.

With Bruce, I think he'd still vote for anyone of the Casaya tribe, but he did always have that respect for Terry, so who knows?

Lastly, Courtney and Shane were both very pissed off about the outcome of TC and any final two that includes Aras, Cirie, or Danielle and Terry seems to me to be a vote for Terry from both.

That leaves it with 3 votes secured for Terry (Austin, Courtney, Shane), 1 vote probably going to Terry but not certain (Sally), and only 1 vote so far for one of the Casaya 3 (Bruce).

If the two voted out of Aras, Cirie and Danielle still vote for the remaining member, that makes the vote 3 for Terry, 3 for the Casaya person, and 1 uncertain (Sally).

Needless to say, things are going to be really interesting.

Nobody except Austin likes Terry. Even Sally does not like Terry and it has nothing to do with him not giving her the idol. She said in her day after interview that she agreed with his decision. She also said she didn't like him.

Courtney may be a little bitter, but I really don't think Shane seemed bitter at all. Honestly, I think there's absoutely no chance Shane votes for Terry. There's a small chance Courtney is SO bitter that she votes for Terry, but I highly doubt it. Once again, nobody likes him.

I say Terry gets 2 votes at most. I'm really not buying the idea that Terry has a chance at all.

Also, if this were a normal season the Final would be tonight. I'm not really sure why they decided to fit in an extra episode, but I'm worried it's going to make the finale a little boring, since they're already be down to 3. I mean, what are they going to do for two hours?

Nobody except Austin likes Terry. Even Sally does not like Terry and it has nothing to do with him not giving her the idol. She said in her day after interview that she agreed with his decision. She also said she didn't like him.

Courtney may be a little bitter, but I really don't think Shane seemed bitter at all. Honestly, I think there's absoutely no chance Shane votes for Terry. There's a small chance Courtney is SO bitter that she votes for Terry, but I highly doubt it. Once again, nobody likes him.

I say Terry gets 2 votes at most. I'm really not buying the idea that Terry has a chance at all.

His only chance is if he ends up against Danielle in the final 2. If that happens I think he could get votes from Austin, Sally, Shane, Courtney and Bruce.

His only chance is if he ends up against Danielle in the final 2. If that happens I think he could get votes from Austin, Sally, Shane, Courtney and Bruce.

I don't think he would get Bruce's vote if it's against Danielle, actually...maybe against anyone else, but not against Danielle. He COULD get the other 4. It's possible, but I still don't think Shane would ever vote for Terry.

I don't think he would get Bruce's vote if it's against Danielle, actually...maybe against anyone else, but not against Danielle. He COULD get the other 4. It's possible, but I still don't think Shane would ever vote for Terry.

Bruce seemed to like Terry, so I'm not sure. And he may respect what he was able to do post-merge . It is hard to say how he would vote. He would be the swing vote against Danielle, at any rate.

I think Terry may get Shane's vote because of his dislike for Danielle, the fact he was voted out by his Casaya tribemates (though he may respect that, hard to tell) and the fact Terry let him share in the last reward challenge with his beloved Boston.

We can go back and forth on this all day. I think people tend to vote more for who they like than who they respect. Almost always, those things go hand in hand. In this case, though, Terry is kind of a jackass with no people skills at all. Everyone respects him, sure...but I don't think that's enough. For instance, in the case of Bruce, Danielle was his closest companion, it turns out, for the bulk of his stay on the island. I don't think an immunity run trumps friendship. With Shane, you make a good point about the reward challenge...I guess we'll just have to wait and see. We'll know in a week.

I can't believe they whipped out a To Be Continued...

I can excuse it this once, but if they ever do it in the middle of a season, I will not be happy. sh*t like that kind of ruined my interest in The Amazing Race. At least here it means less filler for the finale on Sunday...also, we only have to wait 3 days instead of a full week.

If you watched the previews for next week, it seems pretty obvious who's going home first on Sunday's show. Someone's fire was A LOT bigger than the other person's. I'd say who, if I knew how to do those spoiler things, but I don't, so that's that.

Just wondering if somebody else besides me is watching the grandfather of all reality series.

:notworthy :notworthy

This show is by far the best one out there! Been watching since season 1!

I can't believe they whipped out a To Be Continued...

I can excuse it this once, but if they ever do it in the middle of a season, I will not be happy. sh*t like that kind of ruined my interest in The Amazing Race. At least here it means less filler for the finale on Sunday...also, we only have to wait 3 days instead of a full week.

If you watched the previews for next week, it seems pretty obvious who's going home first on Sunday's show. Someone's fire was A LOT bigger than the other person's. I'd say who, if I knew how to do those spoiler things, but I don't, so that's that.

You are right about the fire.. His looks conclusive whos going to win that battle... Should be an interesting final episode