Milwaukee

Well, the lovely wife took the kids to see a week of spring training. And we made the three games at Wrigley now I am headed North (out of Chicago) with the whole "famn damily" to see the fish is 4 weeks. Does anybody have a clue where the fish will stay in Milwaukee? If not, any suggestions on finding out?

Thanks!!

Go fish!!

I take the F when I go because it's a few blocks from me, but there's a lot of lines that go right near their hotel.

It's a very nice place, the lobby is fantastic.

I liked when they stayed at the Grand Hyatt for the 03 World Series more though. That place is even nicer, being there the morning of what turned out to be the clinching game is a memory I won't forget.

The Marlins are 4-0 lifetime including that WS win when I visit the hotel the day of a game.

The only time the lobby was packed was for the WS. The other times I've gone it's been pretty empty. A few autograph seekers but basically not any more busy than any hotel lobby. Maybe it's because it's the Marlins.

Last time I went Alex Gonzalez was sitting right where I was just drinking his coffee and only 1 person came over to bug him in the 15-20 minutes he was sitting there. Another time JP and Dontrelle were laughing and joking with eachother for about 20 minutes and nobody came over... happened with other players too, you wouldn't have even known they were baseball players no more attention than I was getting from people there.

If you go there on the morning of getaway day you can see all the player's luggage as they wheel it out the door in the lobby to the bus. See who's suitcases are nice if you care. I remember one time Cabrera was with his wife and he walked with her and the luggage outside and then 5 minutes later he came back in without the wife or the luggage. Maybe she's the luggage bodyguard in the family.

Thing is though the players don't really like being bothered, if you just want to have a chat with one and act like they aren't a celebrity they will appreciate it a lot more and will chat with you. If you go up seeking a sig or picture they might give it but they for the most part won't be as friendly.

If you go there on the morning of getaway day you can see all the player's luggage as they wheel it out the door in the lobby to the bus. See who's suitcases are nice if you care. I remember one time Cabrera was with his wife and he walked with her and the luggage outside and then 5 minutes later he came back in without the wife or the luggage. Maybe she's the luggage bodyguard in the family.

Thing is though the players don't really like being bothered, if you just want to have a chat with one and act like they aren't a celebrity they will appreciate it a lot more and will chat with you. If you go up seeking a sig or picture they might give it but they for the most part won't be as friendly.

Yeah, definitely. When I was in Boston, the Panthers happened to come to our hotel that day. And since we are huge Panthers fans we were in shock. We were sitting next to them eating breakfast. But afterwards we just told them that they played a great game the night before and went over and talked to our tv and radio guys for a bit. That was pretty cool. :D