FBI Hunting for 11 Missing Egyptian Students

FutureGM

WASHINGTON - Eleven Egyptian students who arrived in the United States last month are being sought by U.S. authorities after failing to turn up at Montana State University.

The 11 Egyptian men were among a larger group of students who arrived at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York from Cairo on July 29 with valid visas, according to FBI and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

The others have arrived at the Bozeman, Mont., campus. When the 11 didn?t turn up by the end of the last week, the FBI issued a lookout to state and local law enforcement, said FBI Special Agent Richard Kolko.

?At this point all they have done is not show up for a scheduled academic program,? Kolko said. ?There is no threat associated with these men.?

They are between 18 and 22 years old, said a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the search for the men is continuing.

The government probably will seek to send the students home once located because they have violated the terms of their visas, the official said.

University officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The article doesn't mention this, but one of the Pentagon 9/11 hijackers said that he was going to learn English in Oakland before flying a plane into the building.

The FBI needs to find these guys quickly, they have already been missing for nearly two weeks now. It's far too suspicious that they have disappeared for this long. I don't like it.

I know Im going to get bashed for this but here goes.....

Is it really necessary to allow 11 Egyptian men into the country to go to college?

No colleges in Egypt?

Oh and good luck finding them.

Its not like there are not enough ongoing counter terrorism cases being worked by out manned Special Agents.

Lets create more work for them.

I could see maybe 11 Egyptian females. But 11 men?

good grief.

I know Im going to get bashed for this but here goes.....

Is it really necessary to allow 11 Egyptian men into the country to go to college?

No colleges in Egypt?

Oh and good luck finding them.

Its not like there are not enough ongoing counter terrorism cases being worked by out manned Special Agents.

Lets create more work for them.

I could see maybe 11 Egyptian females. But 11 men?

good grief.

We cant just not grant them student visas (assuming that was there means of entry) just bc theyre egyptian

Link

They were scheduled to participate in a 32-day program of English as a Second Language classes at MSU plus lectures on various cultural topics. In addition to academic work, the program includes a number of cultural/recreational activities, including a trip to nearby Yellowstone National Park.

The program, in its first year, was developed in cooperation with Mansoura University, a comprehensive public university with about 13,000 students.

The students were selected by Mansoura University. MSU provided the certificate of eligibility, verifying that the program is a legitimate academic program. The students traveled to the U.S. on F1 student visas.

The six students who arrived at MSU are beginning the program and are doing well, according to Conover.

"This is a valuable program, like other international programs, not only to our campus, but our community as well," Conover said. "We want the six who are here to have a rich and rewarding experience before returning home."

Egyptians being instructed on cultural and recreational activities in Montana? I could get into a program such as that. English immersion and Montana history, sign me up.