Crank

Buckeye

I'm not going to lie, I want to see this. And yet I haven't seen one second of the Transporter 1 or 2. Anyone know if these flicks are worth peeping?

Jason Statham is becoming quite the badass. He grows his hair out and dies it darker and he's in the running to be the next Bond.

I'm not going to lie, I want to see this. And yet I haven't seen one second of the Transporter 1 or 2. Anyone know if these flicks are worth peeping?

Jason Statham is becoming quite the badass. He grows his hair out and dies it darker and he's in the running to be the next Bond.

Jason Statham has a villainous face. He could never be Bond.

A villainous face?

Looks like a suave, English badass to me. Maybe he's a little hard for Bond (looks more akin to the characters he plays in Snatch and Lock, Stock), but I don't think it's anything a combover and a shave wouldn't fix.

A villainous face?

Looks like a suave, English badass to me. Maybe he's a little hard for Bond (looks more akin to the characters he plays in Snatch and Lock, Stock), but I don't think it's anything a combover and a shave wouldn't fix.

I love him as an actor (if you want to see him in alternate casting, check out 'London')

But he couldn't be Bond, mainly because by the time they are done with the current Bond, Statham will be too old. But you are definitely right. I think Statham cleans up well if he wants to.

The whole receding hair line thing pretty much takes him out of the running for Bond. I think he'd look pretty ridiculous with a head full of hair anyways.

As for this movie, saying in the trailer 'this is the day I die' lets me know that he probably will not be dying in the film.

The whole receding hair line thing pretty much takes him out of the running for Bond. I think he'd look pretty ridiculous with a head full of hair anyways.

As for this movie, saying in the trailer 'this is the day I die' lets me know that he probably will not be dying in the film.

But you don't know!

I think it's better if he dies, though.

So, anyone see the Transporter flicks?

I just don't know, I'm in the mood for over-edited, action garbage. This looks like it foots the bill.

According to the preview, if he stops moving for X ammount of time, he dies. :rolleyes:

I found this about it...

Amy Smart (above), who plays his girlfriend, told the Chicago Sun Times: "What Jason must do to keep his adrenaline up is insane. He has to hammer nails into his legs, snort coke and have crazy sex in public."

Oh, I hope they keep him snorting coke in the movie. That's komedy.

I'm tempted to find the script to see if he dies, but I'm also too lazy.

Edit: Oh and this is by a first time writer/director combo who met on the set of biker boyz. This movie is doomed to failure and I don't even care. No way is it good and I'll still see it.

Movie looks like it's somewhere between awesomely bad and painfully bad. Amy Smart isn't as hot as she used to be in like Road Trip or Varsity Blues and Jason Statham really brings nothing to the table other than Turkish as far as I'm concerned. I'll pretend he's really Turkish and that Snatch was a documentary.

The Transporter 1 was a huge waste of time for me. The action sequences were pretty well done, but I need at least a small plot.

Didn't bother seeing or renting the second one.

His only really good movies are Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.

He was good in The Italian Job, which was an average movie.

Movie looks like it's somewhere between awesomely bad and painfully bad. Amy Smart isn't as hot as she used to be in like Road Trip or Varsity Blues and Jason Statham really brings nothing to the table other than Turkish as far as I'm concerned. I'll pretend he's really Turkish and that Snatch was a documentary.

:thumbup

Not hideous yet by any means but getting worse with age. I'd still like to see the sex in public, though.

The Transporter 1 was a huge waste of time for me. The action sequences were pretty well done, but I need at least a small plot.

Didn't bother seeing or renting the second one.

His only really good movies are Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.

He was good in The Italian Job, which was an average movie.

Cellular actually wasn't such a horrible movie; He was great in London; I liked him in The One; and......get ready for the Brazilian Job, and the return of Handsome Rob.

The fact that this has gotten so many responses and yet Running With Scissors hasn't...

Makes me sad...

Yeah, because every post in this thread is nothing but glowing praise for this movie.

Get over yourself.

Just imagine how much sh*t one of us 'cinema inferiors' would have gotten for making a thread about this movie.

Hillarious.

Typical. Gotta' love them internet grudges.

I've said it looked like garbage. I also said I don't care. The trailer looks kind of cool, but give me a break. Get over YOURSELF. And hilarious has one 'l'.

Odds it'll suck: 99/100

Odds I'll actually see it in theatres: not very high at all.

The fact that this has gotten so many responses and yet Running With Scissors hasn't...

Makes me sad...

Yeah, because every post in this thread is nothing but glowing praise for this movie.

Get over yourself.

How is that relevant?

Find a correlation. Does my post say anything about them being positive? At all? Kind of weird and typical. What hole did you crawl out from?

"The One" sucked. Plain and simple. I liked the alternate-universe part, but the "kill your other selves to become stronger" concept seemed too weird to me.

If you expected an epic story/plot in that movie (or any action/martial arts movie) then you've already wasted your money.

By the looks of this trailer it looks like a mix between The Transporter, Domino, Shanghai Noon, Freddy vs. Jason, and Romeo Must Die.

All of Statham's movies are simliar. Not to say I don't like him but he's only made one kind of movie so far.

Huh?

He was a baddie in 'Cellular', a paranoid straggler in 'London', a kick ass action hero in 'Transporter', a con-artist thief in 'Italian Job'. Ok, so he does a lot of 'action' movies, but the only thing that is ever really similar in his stuff is his driving (I believe he used to do the Mercedes or BMW (?) car tests/commercials).

I saw this for shits and giggles Friday night (full house, shockingly enough) and it's good for what it's worth. Of course there's a lot of mindless action and whatnot but it was made for the theater, you know. It was fun because it wasn't serious at all and also to the point. I liked the ending

he really does die

:plain.Oh and Statham's accent is pretty kickass, haha.

I saw this for shits and giggles Friday night (full house, shockingly enough) and it's good for what it's worth. Of course there's a lot of mindless action and whatnot but it was made for the theater, you know. It was fun because it wasn't serious at all and also to the point. I liked the ending

he really does die

:plain.Oh and Statham's accent is pretty kickass, haha.

Good to know. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...