Ground Zero just a big Hole in the ground . . .

SonataArctica121

NEW YORK ? New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, confronted with accusations he?s taking too long to rebuild his city after Hurricane Katrina, takes a swipe at New York?s redevelopment of the World Trade Center site on a television news show.

Nagin, weaving through the wreckage in the devastated Ninth Ward neighborhood, claimed much of the debris was removed from public property, but when a ?60 Minutes? correspondent pointed out flood-damaged cars on the streets, Nagin shot back, ?You guys in New York can?t get a hole in the ground fixed, and it?s five years later. So let?s be fair,? according to CBS.

and now he needs help from New York City to support New Orleans. Just brought this entire issue up on the news over here like a half hour ago. :plain

the question is what was worse to the american population...a terrorist attack or a natural phemonenen...well i can guarentee that no matter what happens in fighting terrorism, there will always be natural disasters that influence people decisions because we cant do anything really to prevent it...im entirely with the people of new york and what happened there...but to overlook what happend in new orleans is pure ignorance, ignorance that hasnt been seen on this scale since our own president

the question is what was worse to the american population...a terrorist attack or a natural phemonenen...well i can guarentee that no matter what happens in fighting terrorism, there will always be natural disasters that influence people decisions because we cant do anything really to prevent it...im entirely with the people of new york and what happened there...but to overlook what happend in new orleans is pure ignorance, ignorance that hasnt been seen on this scale since our own president

Of all natural disasters, hurricanes are the easiest to prepare for. What happened there was a lack of planning and having planned out the worst case scenarios.

Of all natural disasters, hurricanes are the easiest to prepare for. What happened there was a lack of planning and having planned out the worst case scenarios.

and being dumb enough to not help out the worst case senario...or at least not helping until it was too late...its not a knock on the bush adminstration so much as its a knock on everyone who didnt do all they could for something that couldnt be prevented...i am ashamed of myself for not acting sooner than i did...and so should everyone else, this isnt an issue of republican or democrat, but doing what is right to help people in need

ignorance that hasnt been seen on this scale since our own president

There he goes again.

and being dumb enough to not help out the worst case senario...or at least not helping until it was too late...its not a knock on the bush adminstration so much as its a knock on everyone who didnt do all they could for something that couldnt be prevented...i am ashamed of myself for not acting sooner than i did...and so should everyone else, this isnt an issue of republican or democrat, but doing what is right to help people in need

It was a breakdown at the local and state level. I've been through two dozen+ hurricanes in Florida, many of which were categorically worse than Katrina and the very next day it was life as usual. It's not Bush's fault that the mayor of NO is incompetent and violated the constitution, the entire police department is corrupt, and the governor is an idiot.

There he goes again.

It was a breakdown at the local and state level. I've been through two dozen+ hurricanes in Florida, many of which were categorically worse than Katrina and the very next day it was life as usual. It's not Bush's fault that the mayor of NO is incompetent and violated the constitution, the entire police department is corrupt, and the governor is an idiot.

this was a breakdown of government from every level...to argue just at the city and state level is ignornant...and just because florida is ready and tried and true about hurricanes, doesnt mean new orleans is...while it is their fault for not making the levies stronger, that is knowledge that everyone knew, even before the hurricane...and anyone who tells you differently is either uneducated or ignorant...i dont want you to think this is an attack on republicans or their point of view, this is just stupidity on every side and its ashame that something wasnt done much earlier to prevent a disaster such as this

There he goes again.

this was a breakdown of government from every level...to argue just at the city and state level is ignornant...and just because florida is ready and tried and true about hurricanes, doesnt mean new orleans is...while it is their fault for not making the levies stronger, that is knowledge that everyone knew, even before the hurricane...and anyone who tells you differently is either uneducated or ignorant...i dont want you to think this is an attack on republicans or their point of view, this is just stupidity on every side and its ashame that something wasnt done much earlier to prevent a disaster such as this The majority of the blame is on the local and state level. And they knew about the levies, trust me. One of my friend's father was actually in Nawlins' the week before Katrina and they knew that the levees wouldn't hold. (Her dad is with the Army Core of Engineers).

It was totally a breakdown at the local and state level and then Bush made it a national shammockery with his "Brownie, you're doing a hell of a job."

New Orleans should of had a plan plain and simple. No excuse. Its happened before in their history. Not only that, but scientists had been warning for years that it can and will happen again. If New Orleans had its ass together, the death toll would've been cut in by at least half. Had Katrina not weakened the night before, there would've been no Nawlins' left. And that is a failure on the local and state level.

And Accord, Florida's government haven't been model students persay. I don't remember the storm of Andrew too well, but I sure as hell remember the aftermath. And the state and local governments took a hell of a long time to get their asses together. People forget that after Andrew, the government at all levels, especially state and local, were moving in slow motion.

There he goes again.

I don't know man...the only storm in Florida I remember that was categorically worse than Katrina was Andrew, and it wasn't life as usual after that. It wasn't even life as usual last year after Wilma.