Awesome quote from Cliff Floyd

ultimopain

"A lot of guys don't want to see those guys in the playoffs," Floyd said. "They're feeling pretty good about themselves."

LINK

:notworthy

I think if we make the playoffs, we could worry a lot of teams.

Making them is the problem.

Not suprising Floyd says that. This team is pretty scary right now. I wouldn't be suprised if that reflects the general outlook of the Mets. Which means during our five remaining games against them we can't expect them to phone it in.

Who would want to face this pitching staff in a short series.. or a long series for that matter?

Would make our pen that much stronger too.. imagine 2 of the people in our rotation (Nolasco, JJ?) relegated to bullpen duty...

We've been playing as well as anyone over the last 4 months.. not many teams would want to face us.

Lets just keep taking care of business and worry about that later though!

Who would want to face this pitching staff in a short series.. or a long series for that matter?

Would make our pen that much stronger too.. imagine 2 of the people in our rotation (Nolasco, JJ?) relegated to bullpen duty...

We've been playing as well as anyone over the last 4 months.. not many teams would want to face us.

Lets just keep taking care of business and worry about that later though!

JJ has a couple of bad outings and his whole season is written off? The guy has been our stopper/ace for most of the season and now he shouldn't start if we get into the playoffs? That seems shortsighted. Maybe if he pitches the way he has the last couple of outings for the rest of the season. Otherwise, he should be a part of the playoff rotation.

I really didn't put much thought into it when I typed it... but can you really argue with DTrain, Anibal and Olsen in a short series? DTrain is a given. You gotta keep riding what Anibal is doing. And I want Olsen going. I just think he can overpower any team on any given night.. and I'm that's not writing off JJ by ANY means.

And fwiw, there is no way in hell I would complain if JJ was in a short series rotation.

..I also hate getting ahead of myself. i just want to think about tomorrows game. lol

For some reason, I assumed 3 man rotation for a 5 game series. I don't know why but I did. 4 man, no doubt who they are. I'm awesome

I mean, you could do a 3 man.

Game one, Game 2, travel, Game 3, Game 4, Game 5.

But two guys would be going on 3 days rest instead of 4.

I think you'll see one or two teams do it (Cardinals), but we have the luxury of having 4 trust-worthy starters. Heck, I'd have the least faith in Dontrelle, and that's really saying something. :D

The most awesome thing is talking playoffs and Marlins in the same breath, and it is not even a stretch to do so. Thanks for the comment, Cliffy, you had some weak throws last night-nice HR, but some very weak swings to go with that .240

I was thinking the same thing last night. It is strange saying Marlins and playoffs in the same breath. No sense jumping the gun but I never thought we would be thinking about October baseball in South Florida. I'm just as excited as you :thumbup

"A lot of guys don't want to see those guys in the playoffs," Floyd said. "They're feeling pretty good about themselves."

LINK

:notworthy

I think if we make the playoffs, we could worry a lot of teams.

Making them is the problem.

Not suprising Floyd says that. This team is pretty scary right now. I wouldn't be suprised if that reflects the general outlook of the Mets. Which means during our five remaining games against them we can't expect them to phone it in.

We have six left against them (not five).

In the playoffs, you need a 4 man set.

You could throw Dontrelle and Anibal on short rest, but I wouldn't.

You'll utilize 4 people to start, but that doesn't mean you'll need a 4-man rotation. Nor that the 1st, 2nd or 3rd guy won't be able to pitch on the day of their bullpen session