Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tickets for games that happen past the normal amount

Featured Replies

dont go and sell your moped just yet

 

 

Lets see how the road trip goes and then we can worry about playoff tix

  • Author

If an admin could change "thread" to "tix" in the title, I'd appreciate it. :banghead :confused :p :lol

  • Author

So asking an honest question is jinxing? I'm superstitious and all, but that's ridiculous. You guys need to get over yourselves. A thread on a message board isn't going to change anything.

 

Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs, playoffs.

So asking an honest question is jinxing? I'm superstitious and all, but that's ridiculous. You guys need to get over yourselves. A thread on a message board isn't going to change anything.

 

Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs, playoffs.

 

 

 

 

 

Its not that Skippy.

 

We dont think your jinxing the team.

 

 

Its just very toolish because as of right now were 2 games behind the Padres and there is a lot of baseball to be played.

  • Author

So asking an honest question is jinxing? I'm superstitious and all, but that's ridiculous. You guys need to get over yourselves. A thread on a message board isn't going to change anything.

 

Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs, playoffs.

 

 

 

 

 

Its not that Skippy.

 

We dont think your jinxing the team.

 

 

Its just very toolish because as of right now were 2 games behind the Padres and there is a lot of baseball to be played.

 

So why would we have to delete the thread. Or why would people say "Please don't jinx them"? I'm asking an honest question that I want to have answered just in case. Thus the "(potential)" before the question in the title.

So asking an honest question is jinxing? I'm superstitious and all, but that's ridiculous. You guys need to get over yourselves. A thread on a message board isn't going to change anything.

 

Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs, playoffs.

 

 

 

ok.. maybe 'jinx' is a strong word for this instance...

 

so i will say this instead..

 

 

as we say back home in the bahamas..

 

dont put mouth on da wybe!

 

:lol @ name change

So asking an honest question is jinxing? I'm superstitious and all, but that's ridiculous. You guys need to get over yourselves. A thread on a message board isn't going to change anything.

 

Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs, playoffs.

 

 

 

 

 

Its not that Skippy.

 

We dont think your jinxing the team.

 

 

Its just very toolish because as of right now were 2 games behind the Padres and there is a lot of baseball to be played.

 

So why would we have to delete the thread. Or why would people say "Please don't jinx them"? I'm asking an honest question that I want to have answered just in case. Thus the "(potential)" before the question in the title.

 

to answer the question.. i have no idea when they would go on sale.. if we do prevail.. this will be my first time ever actually being able to attend a playoff game

 

 

the road trip going to be test for us.

 

 

yes it is.. the 4 games in shea will be crucial.. we have to at least gain a split in that series.

I don't know about single game tickets. And from what everyone told me of the '03 playoff tickets and the difficulty buying them I would have to say good luck getting them that way. But for season ticket holders forms were mailed out Monday. At least for the full season ticket holders. I would imagine also for the partial plan holders as well. Like last year you have to commit to season tickets for next year before you can commit to the play off package. Unlike buying season tickets the play off package $$$ is refundable.

We commited to the full season package early last week. And of course the play off package has been confirmed as well by us. Just in case.

BTW If all you have is a moped to sell so you can buy the playoff package... forget it. You will be watching the play offs the same way most everyone did the home games all year. From the comfort of your living room.

If it happens, when would they go on sale?

 

 

 

 

Very poor timing for this thread.

I am telling you right now:

IF the Marlins make the playoffs and my grandparents move down to Florida, I'm going to help them move so I can go to a game...

 

IF the Marlins face the Mets I will skip as many days of class as possible, pay an arm and a leg plus train fares, and I will be there (Shea).

Why is it that to get playoff tickets you have to put a down payment on next years season tickets? What if you arent a fan of the Marlins your still forced to put a down payment on next years Marlins season tickets? Im from NY what if I just wanted to see 1 or 2 games what the hell would I want season tickets for? I think that idea is retarded, unless I just have it wrong.

Why is it that to get playoff tickets you have to put a down payment on next years season tickets? What if you arent a fan of the Marlins your still forced to put a down payment on next years Marlins season tickets? Im from NY what if I just wanted to see 1 or 2 games what the hell would I want season tickets for? I think that idea is retarded, unless I just have it wrong.

 

 

You can get tickets when they go on sale for everyone. This is pretty much like a "pre-sale" kwim?

Why is it that to get playoff tickets you have to put a down payment on next years season tickets? What if you arent a fan of the Marlins your still forced to put a down payment on next years Marlins season tickets? Im from NY what if I just wanted to see 1 or 2 games what the hell would I want season tickets for? I think that idea is retarded, unless I just have it wrong.

 

 

You can get tickets when they go on sale for everyone. This is pretty much like a "pre-sale" kwim?

 

Ohhhh I see. The Mets anouncers last night made it seem like in order for anyone to get tickets you had to put the down payment down. They said there would be alot of people watching on tv because of this.

Why is it that to get playoff tickets you have to put a down payment on next years season tickets? What if you arent a fan of the Marlins your still forced to put a down payment on next years Marlins season tickets? Im from NY what if I just wanted to see 1 or 2 games what the hell would I want season tickets for? I think that idea is retarded, unless I just have it wrong.

 

 

You can get tickets when they go on sale for everyone. This is pretty much like a "pre-sale" kwim?

 

Ohhhh I see. The Mets anouncers last night made it seem like in order for anyone to get tickets you had to put the down payment down. They said there would be alot of people watching on tv because of this.

 

That's for guaranteed seating for the entire play offs. Your season ticket seats. Most teams do this in all sports. Marlins just started doing it last year (commiting to next year's season tickets so you get guaranteed seats for the play offs and WS). Season ticket holders, no matter the package they have, SHOULD have first choice on seating. And it is a wise biz move for the team to start working on next year's season ticket base.

BUT

They have a payment plan. Commiting by September 15th dosen't mean you have to buy the full season ticket package. The down payment isn't refundable but you can change your mind and use that down payment towards a lesser package, like the voucher plans. The cost of the play off package is refundable or can be used towards the cost of next year's package.

In '03 it was next to impossible to get tickets to the play off games. Tickets went on sale on line at the same time the box office opened up and were swallowed up that way. People waiting over night in line to get tickets at the box office were turned away because the place sold out on line. People from all over the world were buying them up and then selling them for a profit. It sucked. Big time. People were charging outragous(sp) $$$ at the stadium scalping tickets because of that. Selling play off tickets on line is something MLB really needs to look into. Maybe start doing that the day after you can buy them at the box office.

BTW We have purchased our play off package. If anyone is interested you can figure it is about 50% of a full season ticket package for the cost of the full play off package. Rough estimate, but pretty close.

The Marlins are 0-2 and have blown 2 consecutive 8th inning leads since this thread was started.

 

 

Congratulations.

The Marlins are 0-2 and have blown 2 consecutive 8th inning leads since this thread was started.

 

 

Congratulations.

 

This thread was singularly responsible for those losses. :rolleyes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.