My one last wish for this season !

marlinz_fan

I agree. I'd hate to finish behind the Braves again. I don't want to wind up tying with them either. From here on in, in order of importance:

1. Knock the Phillies out of the playoffs. I don't like them anyway, and I don't want to see anymore Conine, knowing we could have had him for nothing.

2. Beat the Braves. No ties. Beat them.

3. Finish with at least 79 wins

Myself I'd sorta kinda rather have 2 World Championships in a 14 year existence than finish first in a division for 14 straight years and only have 1 World Championship to show for it. The standings, especially since the addition of the wild card team, take a backseat to the ultimate result.

Dude, this is about THIS year :rolleyes: I want to finish ahead of the stinkin' &^%$#%'s that's all

Myself I'd sorta kinda rather have 2 World Championships in a 14 year existence than finish first in a division for 14 straight years and only have 1 World Championship to show for it. The standings, especially since the addition of the wild card team, take a backseat to the ultimate result.

Dude, this is about THIS year :rolleyes: I want to finish ahead of the stinkin' &^%$#%'s that's all

It's not really about "THIS year" for you though because if the Braves hadn't finished first all those OTHER years you wouldn't care one way or another about them. Finishing 3rd to their 4th means less than nothing.

The point is you should revel in the fact that Florida has twice as many WS titles as Atlanta despite Atlanta's finishing first all those years. Worrying about finishing 3rd instead of 4th is actually pretty lame.

This year was a success by everybody's definition. It really doesn't matter where we finish in the standings or if we beat the Braves or if we reach the .500 mark.

What really matters is the next two years, when our players mature and we see where we really stand. Will will know then who to keep and where we need to improve.

What really matters is getting our stadium so we can compete for decent players (center field and bullpen) and keep the players we want when they become eligible for arbitration and free agents.