Sexson to Marlins?

Stag5

Let's make a deal?

Dec 4 - Trading first baseman Richie Sexson may be an option for the Mariners, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports. Raul Ibanez, the current left fielder, could be moved to first base as part of the shakeup if Sexson is dealt to lure an upgrade in Seattle's starting rotation.

Some possible trade partners include the Giants or Braves. San Francisco might be willing to part with lefty Noah Lowry in the right deal, and Atlanta would have no trouble dealing Tim Hudson.

A long shot is acquiring Dontrelle Willis from the Marlins. For that kind of a trade, Florida would almost certainly want the Mariners to pick up a hefty part of the $14 million coming to Sexson in 2007.

While the idea of Richie Sexson and maybe a Jeremy Reed headed this way sounds interesting I doubt Seattle would pick up much of the $28M(owned Sexson the next two seasons) - Willis salary the next two seasons. I assume that would be about $13MM in total. Also, why would the Marlins deal Willis for a player they would be likely to lose after two seasons? This is a wild one for ESPN to come up with....one not too thought out is my guess.