Judge throws Chris Henry in jail for two days

JonDigital

A Kenton District Court judge today lectured Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry about his irresponsible behavior and tossed him in jail for two days.

Henry pleaded guilty this morning to violating a Covington city ordinance for allowing minors to drink in his hotel room last spring. He was sentenced to serve two days, and District Judge Doug Grothaus ordered him to begin serving it immediately.

"You brought shame with this on yourself," Grothaus said. "You embarrassed a lot of people."

Grothaus told Henry he was "a cancer" with no respect for himself, his teammates or the community.

"Mr. Henry, it's time to grow up," said Grothaus.

Henry was originally charged with three counts of unlawful transaction with a minor. Covington police said he brought alcohol for three underage females in a Covington motel room on April 29.

Prosecutors said the three women had varying stories that may have presented problems if the case had gone to trial.

Of particular concern, said Kenton County Attorney Garry Edmondson, is that one of the women, Monica Beamon, is charged with murder in Cincinnati and would be unavailable as a witness.

Grothaus told Henry he was partly to blame for Beamon's conduct. She likely has a history of people abusing or taking advantage of her, and Henry played a role in this, Grothaus said.

Source: http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...EWS01/701250383

Bout damn time an athelete is punished and not given a slap on the wrist.

Henry got what he deserved, If he acts up again I want him cut from the team I dont care how talented he is....

and yes, 9 arrests are pretty ridiculous and the players need to take some responsibility for themselves and take some pride in what they do instead of being punks all the time.

That being said, It makes me just as livid that the Bengals are the only team in the crosshairs here...The bengals by far have the most arrests and have made there case for being in the crosshairs, but the Bengals are all anybody talks about....nobody mentions the Chargers and there 6 arrests, Merriman Cheating and the whole team being under GOVERMENT INVESTIGATION for steriods, the 4 Oakland Raiders players arrested this year, and I wont even get into Ray Lewis and his legal trouble the past couple seasons not including this one...

Bengals deffinitly deserve the limelight to an extent this year due to 9 unexcusable arrests...but come on

goverment investigation on steriods and cheating, along with 6 arresets ....compared to... 6 DUI's, 2 misconducts at night clubs, 1 spousal abuse

theres more then just the Bengals that deserve the spot light here...

all that being said, again....the Bengals need to shape up and just play football...the fact that one of the most talented teams went 8-8 and was so streaky last year is unexcusable and this team is better then that... The defense...and Chad Johnson for that matter both need to start stepping up in Big games...cause both our bringing this team down when the game is on the line.

This is getting pretty ridiculous.

This is nothing new, though.

No, but still. It's ridiculous. This team cannot stay out of jail.

That comment is better suited for a thread on Joseph. Henry's case is months old.

Exactly. This isn't a new thing he got arrested for, so it's not that ridiculous. The court process is slow. So, this wasn't a new story about the Bengals like you've heard about "every day." I still think, on some level, Marvin and the team court can be part of the problem. Because obviously Marvin has made an impact that this stuff shouldn't be happening, and the player's court has failed miserably if these guys can't punish their own and make them stop this sh*t. That being said, There's about 6 of these arrests I could care less about because they're not felonies. If a dude gets drunk and boats, big f***ing deal. Hid bad luck. If the dude who isn't on the team gets arrested for being an ass, I fail to see how that holds the team back. But, Henry is the one who's gotta' be considered in the crosshairs.

I'd actually prefer he get 2 months and maybe learn his lesson. But, knowing him, he'd learn how to become a career criminal start selling the whole team weed and kill somebody.

That comment is better suited for a thread on Joseph. Henry's case is months old.

Yeah you're probably right about that one. It amazes me, though, how athletes think.

Yeah, well, he's rich. That means drugs and p***y. That doesn't amaze me at all. As long as he's smoking weed, I could care less. That's no worse in my eyes than drinking a beer. Big f'n deal. I'll worry when he's shipping coke over state lines in cough syrup.

What amazes me is driving drunk or high. That's stupid. Get a limo. You're RICH! I'd be getting high and having sex in limos 24/7. I'd buy my own, with a driver with NFL license plates so people knew I was coming.

Yeah you're probably right about that one. It amazes me, though, how athletes think.

Yeah, well, he's rich. That means drugs and p***y. That doesn't amaze me at all. As long as he's smoking weed, I could care less. That's no worse in my eyes than drinking a beer. Big f'n deal. I'll worry when he's shipping coke over state lines in cough syrup.

What amazes me is driving drunk or high. That's stupid. Get a limo. You're RICH! I'd be getting high and having sex in limos 24/7. I'd buy my own, with a driver with NFL license plates so people knew I was coming.

What I meant was how stupid he had to be to serve alcohol to people he knew were minors. The guy could probably get any woman he wants with money like that and he's getting minors drunk. Moronic, if you ask me.

What I meant was how stupid he had to be to serve alcohol to people he knew were minors. The guy could probably get any woman he wants with money like that and he's getting minors drunk. Moronic, if you ask me.

Yeah, well, these weren't 15 year old girls. They were 18 year olds. He's still dumb, but whatever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.