Chan Ho Park A Met

Mets_bs

i can see why the mets need him at all with the pitching staff not looking so good with glavine in his 40's, trachel getting old as well, and three young unprovens while pedro is out for perhaps all of the year.

but chan ho park? this guy was a nightmare for the rangers, he stinks. i think he was worse than the arod signing, because at least arod was good; seen as arguably the best player in this generation. chan ho is mediocre at best.

Who says he gets a rotation spot?

The article says he's been signed as an option...hence my comment "starting roation look."

And, given what seems to be a neurotic fixation on veterans blocking capable youth (Alou, Green; re: Milledge, Chavez) I'd say Park is at least a prohibitive favorite for a spot with Glavine, Hernandez, Perez and Maine.

Who says he gets a rotation spot?

The article says he's been signed as an option...hence my comment "starting roation look."

And, given what seems to be a neurotic fixation on veterans blocking capable youth (Alou, Green; re: Milledge, Chavez) I'd say Park is at least a prohibitive favorite for a spot with Glavine, Hernandez, Perez and Maine.

I wouldn't exactly call Alou or Green taking a starting spot of a guy like Endy Chavez - he's alright, but shouldn't be starting for most teams, let alone the Mets (he's a 4th OF).

I think if Pelfrey can show anything in ST, he gets the nod and you've got a guy like Park taking the spot of a guy like Darren Oliver last year (long-relief and spot starter).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.