May 29, 200719 yr while I agree with both of the above, can someone explain how I wasn't cursing, I wasn't being rude, yet I was getting looks from Marlins fans and the Met fans didn't care? I spend half my time in college in CT...so between the college crowd and the NY fan base and the BOS fan base, I'm used to the diehard atmosphere and it has made me more of a fan. I will CONTINUE to get loud and heckle even when our team is down. It's part of the game and I love that part!
May 29, 200719 yr while I agree with both of the above, can someone explain how I wasn't cursing, I wasn't being rude, yet I was getting looks from Marlins fans and the Met fans didn't care? I spend half my time in college in CT...so between the college crowd and the NY fan base and the BOS fan base, I'm used to the diehard atmosphere and it has made me more of a fan. I will CONTINUE to get loud and heckle even when our team is down. It's part of the game and I love that part! No one is going to disagree with you on the being loud part. I do feel ashamed when our fans act like it's strange to heckle and yell.
May 29, 200719 yr while I agree with both of the above, can someone explain how I wasn't cursing, I wasn't being rude, yet I was getting looks from Marlins fans and the Met fans didn't care? I spend half my time in college in CT...so between the college crowd and the NY fan base and the BOS fan base, I'm used to the diehard atmosphere and it has made me more of a fan. I will CONTINUE to get loud and heckle even when our team is down. It's part of the game and I love that part! Right, when the rain came down hard I was yelling like a maniac for the marlins to rally. The fans here don't know how to be fans. We had runners on first and third one inning with one out (the 6th perhaps) and some douchebag in front of me stands up trying to get people to do the wave. Problem was he wouldnt sit down and I missed everything that happened in that inning. Screaming and getting rowdy is great, but baseball etiquette is a must. Yelling from your seat is a tremendous way to be a good fan, then stand up and yell when we score or get a nice out. '03 run I started a friendly phuck the phillies chant, and some bandwagoner was telling me to stop with the cursing. Dumbass
May 29, 200719 yr while I agree with both of the above, can someone explain how I wasn't cursing, I wasn't being rude, yet I was getting looks from Marlins fans and the Met fans didn't care? I spend half my time in college in CT...so between the college crowd and the NY fan base and the BOS fan base, I'm used to the diehard atmosphere and it has made me more of a fan. I will CONTINUE to get loud and heckle even when our team is down. It's part of the game and I love that part! Right, when the rain came down hard I was yelling like a maniac for the marlins to rally. The fans here don't know how to be fans. We had runners on first and third one inning with one out (the 6th perhaps) and some douchebag in front of me stands up trying to get people to do the wave. Problem was he wouldnt sit down and I missed everything that happened in that inning. Screaming and getting rowdy is great, but baseball etiquette is a must. Yelling from your seat is a tremendous way to be a good fan, then stand up and yell when we score or get a nice out. '03 run I started a friendly phuck the phillies chant, and some bandwagoner was telling me to stop with the cursing. Dumbass With the Marlins in the middle of a rally real fans start chanting 'lets go marlins' but instead those morons, who were in section 451 start trying to get people to do the waves, while standing and have their backs turned away from the field.
May 29, 200719 yr while I agree with both of the above, can someone explain how I wasn't cursing, I wasn't being rude, yet I was getting looks from Marlins fans and the Met fans didn't care? I spend half my time in college in CT...so between the college crowd and the NY fan base and the BOS fan base, I'm used to the diehard atmosphere and it has made me more of a fan. I will CONTINUE to get loud and heckle even when our team is down. It's part of the game and I love that part! Right, when the rain came down hard I was yelling like a maniac for the marlins to rally. The fans here don't know how to be fans. We had runners on first and third one inning with one out (the 6th perhaps) and some douchebag in front of me stands up trying to get people to do the wave. Problem was he wouldnt sit down and I missed everything that happened in that inning. Screaming and getting rowdy is great, but baseball etiquette is a must. Yelling from your seat is a tremendous way to be a good fan, then stand up and yell when we score or get a nice out. '03 run I started a friendly phuck the phillies chant, and some bandwagoner was telling me to stop with the cursing. Dumbass Well, there are kids out at the ballpark.
May 29, 200719 yr I don't really make alot of noise, I do say "Yeah!" and clap in support of good plays and occasionally heckle players but for the most part I'm pretty muted. I don't know I think down here it's cooler to be quiet and in control than to be hooting and hollering.
May 29, 200719 yr while I agree with both of the above, can someone explain how I wasn't cursing, I wasn't being rude, yet I was getting looks from Marlins fans and the Met fans didn't care? I spend half my time in college in CT...so between the college crowd and the NY fan base and the BOS fan base, I'm used to the diehard atmosphere and it has made me more of a fan. I will CONTINUE to get loud and heckle even when our team is down. It's part of the game and I love that part! Right, when the rain came down hard I was yelling like a maniac for the marlins to rally. The fans here don't know how to be fans. We had runners on first and third one inning with one out (the 6th perhaps) and some douchebag in front of me stands up trying to get people to do the wave. Problem was he wouldnt sit down and I missed everything that happened in that inning. Screaming and getting rowdy is great, but baseball etiquette is a must. Yelling from your seat is a tremendous way to be a good fan, then stand up and yell when we score or get a nice out. '03 run I started a friendly phuck the phillies chant, and some bandwagoner was telling me to stop with the cursing. Dumbass Well, there are kids out at the ballpark. There really werent any in the area i was sitting. We were in the high upper deck that phillies game and there were probably only like 20 people within an earshot of us
May 29, 200719 yr I don't really make alot of noise, I do say "Yeah!" and clap in support of good plays and occasionally heckle players but for the most part I'm pretty muted. I don't know I think down here it's cooler to be quiet and in control than to be hooting and hollering. At home games, I'm exactly the same way. When I go to road games, I'm a lot more vocal, though. I'll cheer louder and heckle the other team a little but I keep it in perspective. That guy at the Devil Rays' games is ridiculous. If I were sitting around him, I'd tell him to shut up.
May 29, 200719 yr Olsen gets away with it right now but in two years once that money is lurking ahead he is just going to get completely and utterly bashed in here. Happened with AJ and it will happen with Olsen
May 29, 200719 yr Author As I recall A.J. and his comments. He said on a number of occassions that it would be nice if more fans showed up. He usually made these comments when he was going through one of his down times. In his immaturity, blaming the lack of fan support for his own inconsistency instead of accepting responsibility. And since he was pitching off, he was bashed for "telling us how to spend our money". But for the most part he was a valuable member of the team. Even a leader in ways. Always the first one to lead the charge tp the plate or mound after a big win. Throwing pies in player's faces. Only in the last 2 months of his time here did he go whackadoo. I don't know about clubhouse cancer, but more importantly, he pitched lousy, and Beckett didn't do much better, in that stretch run. . . 2003, I wouldn't blame the columnist for this one. All the players are adults. If you think Berardino put Olsen in an anti-Marlin hex, why no other bad words. No, I think 99% of the players feel the same as Olsen and A.J. They're happy to be in the big show, and I suspect that they'd play there hearts out if the only one in the stands was Billy The Marlin swigging a beer behind home plate. But they also are experienced enough to know that a nice crowd cheering them on can't hurt. I think it does have some effect. I sincerely believe that we lose in game 4 of the 2003 NLDS were it not for the fans.
May 29, 200719 yr AJ was a fan favorite until he slumped the last few weeks of the '05 season and ripped McKeon. He certainly wasn't alone in his dislike of McKeon. According to Boog, Beinfest wanted to fire McKeon but Loria wouldn't allow it and I don't think McKeon "retired" on his own.
May 29, 200719 yr AJ was a fan favorite until he slumped the last few weeks of the '05 season and ripped McKeon. He certainly wasn't alone in his dislike of McKeon. According to Boog, Beinfest wanted to fire McKeon but Loria wouldn't allow it and I don't think McKeon "retired" on his own. until he slumped? Are you talking about the same guy that never (and to this day hasn't) reached his potential? all talk and bashing the fans, FO in public? btw, I felt the Marlins fans outnumbered the Mets fans probably 3-1. . there wasn't enough to cheer, since we got dominated every game. In addition, on previous years when the Mets sucked . . . you could count the Mets fan in attendance with the fingers in your both hands. These people are as much of a bandwagoner as the other people down here (since they are South Floridians as well).
May 29, 200719 yr '03 run I started a friendly phuck the phillies chant, and some bandwagoner was telling me to stop with the cursing. Dumbass Yea, you were.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.