Oliver Perez, More Value than Dontrelle?

That hasn't stopped 90% of Mets fans for wanting a "f***ing horrible pitcher" this season.

Oh come on, if you're going to quote me, do it correctly. I said he's having a f***ing horrible season, not that he's a f***ing horrible pitcher. And quite frankly, I think you'd be surprised how the performances of our starters this season has quelled any desires for Dontrelle.

You guys are the awesomeness. Im not worthy :notworthy

How many starters on the Mets besides Pedro have won more than 20 games in one season? How many have won more than 14?

You may say he's up and down, but Dontrelle has been extremely durable. Given how often pitchers are injured, that says a lot.

buddy they do have Glavine in the staff as well ... ahem: future hall of famer

and if that wasnt enough they also have El Duque who does have a pretty good record in his past

know a little before speaking please, thats just ... ugh ...

:lol

I forgot about Glavine. El Duque has never won 20 games. No one on that staff on the good side of 30 years old has done anything remarkable.

I don't care if anyone would rather have Haren, Lackey, or Perez, simply because none of those pitchers are or will be on the market. Dontrelle is far and away the best lefty, and possibly the best overrall pitcher available on the trade market. If we don't keep him, it's going to take a HELL of a deal to snatch him away.

Guest ShaqandWade323

How many starters on the Mets besides Pedro have won more than 20 games in one season? How many have won more than 14?

You may say he's up and down, but Dontrelle has been extremely durable. Given how often pitchers are injured, that says a lot.

buddy they do have Glavine in the staff as well ... ahem: future hall of famer

and if that wasnt enough they also have El Duque who does have a pretty good record in his past

know a little before speaking please, thats just ... ugh ...

:lol

I forgot about Glavine. El Duque has never won 20 games. No one on that staff on the good side of 30 years old has done anything remarkable.

El Duque has one of the best post-season records ever.