Chris Dunn (FIU) signs with Fish

MiRi

Dunn Signs Free Agent Contract With Florida Marlins Courtesy: FIUSports.com

Release: 05/31/2007

http://www.fiusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?...p;ATCLID=920028

link = ''; Courtesy: Samuel Lewis

Chris Dunn shined in 2007 despite having to fight through injury. MIAMI (www.fiusports.com) ? Former Florida International University center fielder Chris Dunn signed a free agent contract with the Florida Marlins last week. Dunn optioned to forego the Major League Baseball Draft as a fifth-year senior in 2007 and has yet to be assigned.

The Parker, Colo. native led the team and set career highs in several categories, despite missing nearly 20 starts due to injury. Dunn batted .394 with six home runs and 32 RBI, and led the team with 55 runs scored, 17 stolen bases, a .619 slugging percentage and a .478 on-base percentage.

A preseason All-Sun Belt selection, Dunn did not garner postseason conference honors, most likely because of the games he missed. But he finished the season hitting .411 with five home runs and a .689 slugging percentage in 21 conference games to lead the team.

In addition to his success on the field, Dunn also graduated with a degree in business administration and was a member of the 2006 Sun Belt Academic Honor Roll four times in his academic career. Prior to coming to FIU in the fall of 2004, Dunn was a NJCAA Academic All-American at Central Arizona College.

A 2007 Lowe's Senior CLASS Award candidate, Dunn earned Second Team All-SBC honors in 2006 and was a 2007 preseason All-SBC pick.

Here are some pictures that we have taken of him at games. He's a good kid. I hope he makes it in the bigs.

Also, watch for Luis Bautista. His brother plays for Pittsburgh, Jose Bautista. He's a beast.

Guessing he gets assigned to the GCL? If it said where he is headed I apologize.

We do have some depth at CF in the minors...I dont know how good this kid is, but Hickman is supposed to be pretty good, Cousins has power just needs to get his bat going, and Raynor had a successful first year and is having a good 2nd year so far.

Good to see.

Guessing he gets assigned to the GCL? If it said where he is headed I apologize.

We do have some depth at CF in the minors...I dont know how good this kid is, but Hickman is supposed to be pretty good, Cousins has power just needs to get his bat going, and Raynor had a successful first year and is having a good 2nd year so far.

Good to see.

If only these guys were just a year or two more advanced.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.