Istanbul

HelmsE

it says your from Bulgaria, where's that located? (that's where Viktor Krum's from)

Bulgaria is located in Balkan region of Eastern Europe. North of Greece and Turkey, south of Romania and on the western part of the Black Sea.

Those are some awesome pics. Istanbul is in my top 10 places to go to.

Have you eaten any doner kabobs?

Istanbul is an incredibly interesting city. There is a very unique mix of cultures and religions. If you ever have the chance, it is definitely worth visiting. I do eat a pretty good amount of duner kabobs as well :thumbup

it says your from Bulgaria, where's that located? (that's where Viktor Krum's from)

Bulgaria is located in Balkan region of Eastern Europe. North of Greece and Turkey, south of Romania and on the western part of the Black Sea.

Those are some awesome pics. Istanbul is in my top 10 places to go to.

Have you eaten any doner kabobs?

Istanbul is an incredibly interesting city. There is a very unique mix of cultures and religions. If you ever have the chance, it is definitely worth visiting. I do eat a pretty good amount of duner kabobs as well :thumbup

Those doner kabobs are out of control. When I was in munich (there are alot of turks in germany) they have those stands every where. Its one of the best things I have eaten.

Have you done the sheesha? Do they even do that there or is that just egypt?

I will make it to istanbul in the next 2-3 years. I just have some places ahead in line (Moscow, London, Lima/Machu Pichu, Paris)

Those doner kabobs are out of control. When I was in munich (there are alot of turks in germany) they have those stands every where. Its one of the best things I have eaten.

Have you done the sheesha? Do they even do that there or is that just egypt?

I will make it to istanbul in the next 2-3 years. I just have some places ahead in line (Moscow, London, Lima/Machu Pichu, Paris)

Yeah, there are duner kabob stands in the major cities here in Bulgaria which I'm a big fan of. I just need to find a way to get one in my little town.

Sheesha is very popular in Turkey as well. It's a very social thing for them. I ended up buying a hookah and brining it back with me.

Incredible. Istanbul really looks like an amazing place to visit. Wasn't the Hagia Sofia like the biggest building in the world at the time of it's building?

I believe it was the biggest at the time of construction although I'm not 100% certain.

I believe it was the biggest at the time of construction although I'm not 100% certain.

My mom and I were talking about Istanbul just the other day, and we both agreed we'd want to go there someday.

I'm a big fan of middle eastern culture. It's influence in everything from science to architecture has been downplayed so much by western society, it's amazing. While Europeans were stuck in the dark ages, Constantinople, and the Arabian peninsula were flourishing, reintroducing the ideas of Ancient Greece and keeping the spirit of Rome and Greece alive. If not for this, we very well may have forgotten about Greece and Rome altogether, because the Europeans certainly didn't even think about them until the Rennaisance, really. It's amazing how far Europe went away from the ideals of Greece and Rome during the middle ages, and then how hard they tried to get them back during the Rennaisance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.