• Lee Mitchell: 0/4 bb 2k

• Ryan Bear: 1/3 r bb 2k

• Brett Hayes: 0/4 r k

• Jai Miller: 2/5 r 2k sb(6)

• Gaby Hernandez: 5.2ip 5h 2r(2er) 3bb 8k

• Scott Nestor: 1.1ip 0h 0r bb 2k

• Chris Mobley: (BS, 2) 2ip 2h 1r(1er) 0bb ok hr

• Craig Molldrem: (W, 3-2) 2ip 0h 0r 2bb 2k

Ryan Tucker throws a complete game shutout as the Hammerheads beat the Cardinals, 4-0

• Kris Harvey: 1/4 cs

• Andy Jenkins: 1/2 r k

• Colin Roberson: 0/2 k

• Gaby Sanchez: 1/3 bb

• Brad Davis: 2/3 rbi

• Ryan Tucker: (W, 4-4) 9ip 5h 0r 0bb 5k..... lowers era to 3.53

Derell McCall throws a complete game shutout as the Grasshopper blank Kannapolis 11-0

• John Raynor: 1/6 2r sb(28)

• Scott Cousins: 2/5 2r 2b k sb(7)....average up to .279.... absolutely on fire

• Chris Coghlan: 0/0 3r 4bb... nothing left to prove

• Jacob Blackwood: 3/5 2b 3rbi

• Logan Morrison: 2/5 r hr(12) 3rbi k

• Spike McDougal: 1/3 2r bb

• Greg Burns: 2/5 2rbi

• Derell McCall: (W, 4-6) 9ip 5h 0r 2bb 6k

The 20-year-old's stellar effort was the best of his career, as he entered the game having never pitched more than seven innings over 48 starts as a professional. Yet, he seemed to get stronger as the game went on, retiring the final 13 batters he faced in the contest.

After compiling a 5.88 ERA over his first seven starts of the season, Tucker has gone 2-1 with a 1.58 ERA over his past six. In his last three outings, spanning 22 innings, the California native has struck out 14 batters without issuing a walk.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...b&fext=.jsp

Helps take away the "future bullpen arm" idea.

I know hes only 19, but IMO Logan Morrison should head south the same time Coghlan, Raynor, and Taylor do.

Just saying.

You said it yourself, he's 19

but we'll seeI just personally cant believe the adjustments he has made as a 19 year old. Hit .208/.321/.403 in April, .330/.383/.485 in May, .368/.478/.816 so far in June. If he finishes out June just as strong, I dont really know if a case can be made to keep the kid down...especially with Gaby Sanchez for the most part disappearing since hes went to Jupiter and McCann doing nothing since he has returned to Jupiter after his uneventful stint in Zebulon.

Granted, I dont see any reason to rush the kid. None at all. But I think there is a difference in rushing a prospect and an earned promotion. We also need someone who can buck the trend and succeed once they arrive in Jupiter, and the way this kid has progressed after a horrific first month in 07(and he only had 163 at bats in 2006 between the GCL and Jamestown)...he might just be that prospect.

Go baby marlin! First time mine doesnt stink, I was starting to think whomever I picked got cursed or something.

Was Coghlan's 4/4 BB intentional or did he just walk 4 times from a good eye?

Cousins kid seems to be on fire, he is one of those 5 tool types correct? But he is a right fielder not a CF?

Spike your getting just like ramp to smart for your britches. 1/ McCann was traded to the Royals 2/ before you write about someone check so you have an idea ! Gaby Sanchez is not disappearing , leads team in AB 233 Hits 62 Doubles 14 TB 84 BB 31 & players with more than 100 AB is 2nd in RBI 26 OPS 715 and ave. .266 and to make ramp happy in 63 games as only made 4 error playing 1B,3B & catching 2 games. has been hitting 3rd from day one & now 4th .this is all at the black hole of Jupiter. I think Morrison is a great ball player but I think the Marlins will leave him their so he can learn to hit lefties and has plenty of time to accomplish your wish to jump Gaby as the new prospect when Gaby is with the Marlins . Keep thinking.

Gaby Sanchez is not disappearing , leads team in AB 233 Hits 62 Doubles 14 TB 84 BB 31 & players with more than 100 AB is 2nd in RBI 26 OPS 715 and ave. .266 and to make ramp happy in 63 games as only made 4 error playing 1B,3B & catching 2 games. has been hitting 3rd from day one & now 4th .this is all at the black hole of Jupiter.

You're so adorable Marlins1

who cares that he leads the team in at bats?

he only has a 1 hit lead on Andy Jenkins(and Andy has about 35 less at bats)

he has a 3 double lead on Jenkins, 7 total base lead on Jenkins, 4 more walks than Guerrero(but no one is hating on the walks)

I'm sorry Marlins1, but Gaby has absolutely disappeared this year. He is slugging .361. That's pathetic for someone who is supposed to be a big time power hitter. Seriously, 2 homeruns?

He ain't the Marlins best hitting prospect anymore, and being 23 and struggling in Jupiter, his prospect star is dwindling.

and are you sure McCann is in KC?.... I asked around and he is still in Jupiter, but they could be wrong

I'm guessing he took your girl friend away because you hate him so mush but what really counts is what the Marlins think not a child like you. did you ever play ball or your just jealous.and power hitter your calling him that I call him great ball Player . By the way I Think I know a little more than you. he was traded to the Royals. For your records AB # just means he plays everyday. I know you go to all Jupiter's games and know everything but just in case you mist it Game Day Magazine,that's like the program, has a great picture of Gaby in front page and great story inside. I think you should read it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.