Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jake Peavy won't stand for showboating

Featured Replies

jake peavy, the person who spurred the cubs-padres brawl said that if someone showboats on him again, he's not going to put up with it. i always thought of him as a mild mannered type person, but i'm guessing he's letting his tough side come out. as many of you know, he's 100% on the field, let's see how this will go.

 

More pitchers need that type of attitude. Staring down home runs and bat flipping are one of my biggest pet peeves. Guys like Soriano and Ramirez need to be plunked more often.

jake peavy was on jim rome a couple of weeks ago...and the dood is very well spoken and plus he is nasty....idk how his stuff moves so much

Soriano moon-walked to first base. That was classes. I don't mind if you stand and give it a watch, but don't moonwalk.

  • Author

jake peavy was on jim rome a couple of weeks ago...and the dood is very well spoken and plus he is nasty....idk how his stuff moves so much

 

darn, and i missed peavy on rome...my mom never turns to him and i forget he's on. i've loved peavy for years, he's my other boy, and he's still country.

I'm getting damn tired of people throwing their batting gear all over the place when they are out.

Jake Peavy was kind of arrested at an airport for parking in a wrong spot, and then being pissed off about it and yelling at a cop.

 

I'm guessing you missed this. He's far away from mild mannered. He gets almost as pissed off as Olsen.

Jake Peavy was kind of arrested at an airport for parking in a wrong spot, and then being pissed off about it and yelling at a cop.

 

I'm guessing you missed this. He's far away from mild mannered. He gets almost as pissed off as Olsen.

He never yelled at the cop. He double parked in front of the terminal to drop off his bags, the cop told him to move or else hed get a ticket, and Peavy just told him to go ahead and write it. It was a completely bogus arrest, and the charges were dropped.

Jake Peavy was kind of arrested at an airport for parking in a wrong spot, and then being pissed off about it and yelling at a cop.

 

I'm guessing you missed this. He's far away from mild mannered. He gets almost as pissed off as Olsen.

He never yelled at the cop. He double parked in front of the terminal to drop off his bags, the cop told him to move or else hed get a ticket, and Peavy just told him to go ahead and write it. It was a completely bogus arrest, and the charges were dropped.

nitpick. nitpick. He was arrested for disorderly conduct, regardless if it was thrown out or not.

 

The post was, he thought he was mild mannered and was surprised with Peavy's aggressive comments. I am not surprised by them when Peavy is mouthing off cops when he's the one doing something wrong. Crazy linking I've come up with, I know.

Jake Peavy was kind of arrested at an airport for parking in a wrong spot, and then being pissed off about it and yelling at a cop.

 

I'm guessing you missed this. He's far away from mild mannered. He gets almost as pissed off as Olsen.

He never yelled at the cop. He double parked in front of the terminal to drop off his bags, the cop told him to move or else hed get a ticket, and Peavy just told him to go ahead and write it. It was a completely bogus arrest, and the charges were dropped.

nitpick. nitpick. He was arrested for disorderly conduct, regardless if it was thrown out or not.

 

The post was, he thought he was mild mannered and was surprised with Peavy's aggressive comments. I am not surprised by them when Peavy is mouthing off cops when he's the one doing something wrong. Crazy linking I've come up with, I know.

 

Some of these cops at airports are a**holes. I am mild-mannered but I have gotten into arguments with them. They usually back off.

Jake Peavy was kind of arrested at an airport for parking in a wrong spot, and then being pissed off about it and yelling at a cop.

 

I'm guessing you missed this. He's far away from mild mannered. He gets almost as pissed off as Olsen.

He never yelled at the cop. He double parked in front of the terminal to drop off his bags, the cop told him to move or else hed get a ticket, and Peavy just told him to go ahead and write it. It was a completely bogus arrest, and the charges were dropped.

nitpick. nitpick. He was arrested for disorderly conduct, regardless if it was thrown out or not.

 

The post was, he thought he was mild mannered and was surprised with Peavy's aggressive comments. I am not surprised by them when Peavy is mouthing off cops when he's the one doing something wrong. Crazy linking I've come up with, I know.

Telling a cop to go right ahead and write a ticket against you doesnt mean youre aggressive or have a bad attitude. He didnt do anything wrong, the cop was just being a huge prick.

If Peavy caused the brawl, why did Young throw at Lee and not Soriano?

 

I don't think his comments went hand and hand with what happened on the field.

?If I think a player shows me up like that"]

What an assinine quote. Don't talk about it, Jake, just DO IT. Now the next time he plunks a guy, Bob Watson can come down on him like a freight train. Stupid.

I don't like what Soriano did but if you have a problem with people showing you up then don't throw a meatball simple as that. The only thing in this world you can control is yourself and now Peavy opens up a can of worms with the mlb anytime someone on the Padres hits someone its going to be looked into by the mlb and other teams are going to retaliate.

I don't like what Soriano did but if you have a problem with people showing you up then don't throw a meatball simple as that. The only thing in this world you can control is yourself and now Peavy opens up a can of worms with the mlb anytime someone on the Padres hits someone its going to be looked into by the mlb and other teams are going to retaliate.

The flip side of that would be...

 

You'd be okay with a guy doing a crotch thrust to the player he just K'd swinging?

The flip side of that would be...

 

You'd be okay with a guy doing a crotch thrust to the player he just K'd swinging?

That would be duh bomb! Then, any time an outfielder robs a guy of a homerun, he can pull a sharpie out of his sock and sign the baseball... Now we're talking CLASSY baseball!

I don't like what Soriano did but if you have a problem with people showing you up then don't throw a meatball simple as that. The only thing in this world you can control is yourself and now Peavy opens up a can of worms with the mlb anytime someone on the Padres hits someone its going to be looked into by the mlb and other teams are going to retaliate.

The flip side of that would be...

 

You'd be okay with a guy doing a crotch thrust to the player he just K'd swinging?

I didn't say I supported what Soriano did but Ive seen a lot more showboating in the league than that, Griffey used to always strut after he hit a homer. Speaking of crotch rubbing though no one really seemed to have a problem with Josias Manzanillo when he was on the marlins rubbing his crotch.

Didn't Derek Lowe make some kind "suck it" gesture towards Miguel Tejada in a BoSox-A's playoff game that pissed off Tejada a lot?

More pitchers need that type of attitude. Staring down home runs and bat flipping are one of my biggest pet peeves. Guys like Soriano and Ramirez need to be plunked more often.

Sammy Sosa's trot has always annoyed me.

The flip side of that would be...You'd be okay with a guy doing a crotch thrust to the player he just K'd swinging?

That would be duh bomb! Then, any time an outfielder robs a guy of a homerun, he can pull a sharpie out of his sock and sign the baseball... Now we're talking CLASSY baseball!

:lol

 

is the moonwalk on video anywhere?? I still haven't seen it and can't find it on youtube

Jake Peavy was kind of arrested at an airport for parking in a wrong spot, and then being pissed off about it and yelling at a cop.

 

I'm guessing you missed this. He's far away from mild mannered. He gets almost as pissed off as Olsen.

He never yelled at the cop. He double parked in front of the terminal to drop off his bags, the cop told him to move or else hed get a ticket, and Peavy just told him to go ahead and write it. It was a completely bogus arrest, and the charges were dropped.

nitpick. nitpick. He was arrested for disorderly conduct, regardless if it was thrown out or not.

 

The post was, he thought he was mild mannered and was surprised with Peavy's aggressive comments. I am not surprised by them when Peavy is mouthing off cops when he's the one doing something wrong. Crazy linking I've come up with, I know.

 

I guess in your world people are guilty until proven innocent.

 

Regardless, showboating is stupid and its excess showboating that has made the NBA a boring sport to watch where no one plays well fundamentally anymore. I've always hated hsowboating bulls***. Pumping your fist is okay, but what soriano did is insane. Peavy has officially become my favorite player.

I don't like what Soriano did but if you have a problem with people showing you up then don't throw a meatball simple as that. The only thing in this world you can control is yourself and now Peavy opens up a can of worms with the mlb anytime someone on the Padres hits someone its going to be looked into by the mlb and other teams are going to retaliate.

The flip side of that would be...You'd be okay with a guy doing a crotch thrust to the player he just K'd swinging?I didn't say I supported what Soriano did but Ive seen a lot more showboating in the league than that, Griffey used to always strut after he hit a homer.That was part of his follow through on his HR, he always did that. Its just like the Sosa hop after a blast.This was totally over the top.Didn't Derek Lowe make some kind "suck it" gesture towards Miguel Tejada in a BoSox-A's playoff game that pissed off Tejada a lot?

Yep, the infamous crotch grab.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.