Joe Girardi Turns Down O's

Junior

He's probably hoping the Yankees don't make the playoffs so he can take Torre's job.

I don't think he'd get offered the Yankees job. He'd be virtually "unfirable." Sort of like he was overlooked for the Cubs job.

My guess, he manages a team like the Dodgers or Cardinals before Yankees or Cubs.

Joe G isnt stupid, why would he take a horrible job that voids his contract with the Fish.. Marlins were hoping he agreed to take the O's job so they could stop paying him. Not to mention he's getting paid for the broadcast gig as well. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Can't blame Girardi for turning that offer down.

He does appear to have quite the ego.

Not suprised you are the only poster who has anything negative to say about Girardi's decision.

Yeah Im sure Girardi is just on his knees every night in silent prayer that his good friend Joe Torre gets canned.

What was the name of your family dog that Girardi ran over when your were a small boy?

I can sympathize why he did not take the O's job. Thats going to be an overhaul. Like others have mentioned, why let Loria off the hook for the salary he is owed?

Like others have mentioned, why let Loria off the hook for the salary he is owed?

Because Girardi is a well-off professional with only sporadic run-ins with Loria that does not share the same hatred these others have for him and the Marlins situation. If Girardi is upset with any one with the Marlins, it would be Beinfest and members of the front office that he repeatedly clashed heads with. However, I seriously doubt that even enters Girardi's consciousness when it comes to determining his future. He's looking for his best opportunity, not his revenge.

Like others have mentioned, why let Loria off the hook for the salary he is owed?

Because Girardi is a well-off professional with only sporadic run-ins with Loria that does not share the same hatred these others have for him and the Marlins situation. If Girardi is upset with any one with the Marlins, it would be Beinfest and members of the front office that he repeatedly clashed heads with. However, I seriously doubt that even enters Girardi's consciousness when it comes to determining his future. He's looking for his best opportunity, not his revenge.

My post may have seemed that I belong in the "I Hate All Things Loria" camp but that was not my intention. I was speaking in terms specifically related to the Giradi firing. In the end you must admit, it comes down to Loria on whether a manager gets canned or not.

And if you think Girardi harbors no ill will against ANYONE in that organization than you are sadly mistaken.

I completely agree.

If his motivation is solely based upon revenge then he would be traveling down the wrong road but i doubt that is the case.

You can't blame him for declining the offer to manage the troubled O's. Whatever the extent of your dislike may be, he would be foolish to not be patient enough to wait for a more promising offer from a more promising organization.