Cardinals acquire Mike Maroth

Detroit deals Maroth to St. Louis

Ken Rosenthal

FOXSports.com, Updated 2 minutes ago

Seeking to bolster their rotation, the Cardinals have acquired left-handed pitcher Mike Maroth from the Tigers, FOXSports.com has learned.

This is the second pitcher St. Louis has added this week, after they signed right-hander Tomo Ohka to a minor-league contract on Tuesday.

The Cardinals' beat-up rotation, which boasts an NL-worst 5.63 ERA, features three former relievers starting for the first time in the big leagues along with two others, Anthony Reyes and Kip Wells, who are a combined 2-19. Braden Looper, a fourth former reliever, went on the 15-day disabled list on Monday with a shoulder strain.

[Link]

THIS could actually work out.. cant be any worse than we have ya know?

Good luck to Mike. He has been one of my favorites since that disastrous '03 season. Such a classy, friendly guy.

Unfortunately there wasn't a spot for him. They already have Kenny Rogers, Nate Robertson and Andrew Miller as lefties in the rotation, and the Tigers have a few more guys who could be MLB ready at some point next season.

Good pickup for the Cards. Very good.

Good luck to Mike. He has been one of my favorites since that disastrous '03 season. Such a classy, friendly guy.

Unfortunately there wasn't a spot for him. They already have Kenny Rogers, Nate Robertson and Andrew Miller as lefties in the rotation, and the Tigers have a few more guys who could be MLB ready at some point next season.

Good pickup for the Cards. Very good.

Yeah I see where your coming from too.. Tigers are already stacked and have no spot for him.. He hasnt been very good lately has he? But on the other hand, this Cardinals team needs all the help they can get with the current rotation. He's easily better than Tomo Ohka (lol) but Tomo Ohka could be our best starter.. anyways theres the typical PTBNL stuff and probably will stay that way.. theres talk it could be SS Tyler Greene (he hasnt worked out for the Cards since drafting him like they thought he would) to the Tigers.. I could actually see it maybe being someone like Tyler Johnson or Randy Flores since Troy Cate is in our pen right now too.. 3 lefties? Thats strange but who knows..

Good deal for both teams I think.. just a matter of who gets traded for who.. and when this is official!

Man, I'm kinda upset about this. The Tigers are my second favorite team and I actually grew up a Tigers fan before the Marlins came to South Floirda. Maroth will always be remember for his 20 loss season in 03 but he show alot of heart coming back the next couple years and showing the organization what he was made of. I hope he has alot of success with the Cards and I hope the Tigers get an amazing prospect in return.