Walkout in Pittsburgh?

HanleyDavidson

Not many people walked out. They said only about a 100 left the game, the other 800 or so people came back at the end of the 3rd innings.

They tried doing a walk out in Detroit for the lions, but that didnt work either. I really dont think walk outs work because you have people paying for tickets. What they should have dont is told people not to buy tickets to a certain game.

I heard fans were suppose to walk out during the 3rd inning of today's game. anyone know if it happened and your thoughts on this?

Sad thing is: if a walkout occurred in Dolphin Stadium, would anyone notice?

would anyone do it?

i highly doubt it lol

No one that calls themselves a fan should ever walk out of a game, put a bag on their head, etc.

I dont know if I totally agree. The reason they are walking out is because they are tired of seeing their team be terrible. They feel that walking out might make a statement to the owners. There are a lot of people who gave up on the pirates, atleast these people are still there.

No one that calls themselves a fan should ever walk out of a game, put a bag on their head, etc.

What does a real fan do then- pretend everything think is just fine and dandey and tell ownership to keep up the good work? This team has practically gone an entire generation without a winning record, the fans can't blindly root on a losing team forever without protest.

Walk outs are pretty stupid, the organization already has your money. What are you showing management other than your wallet? This has to be an absolute LAST resort when the product is no longer worth the paper the ticket is printed on.

I happen to be a strong proponent of the bag-over-the-head [the 'Aints tactic], signs, pickets or whatever at a game. You are still there supporting your team and players but showing management your displeasure. That is far more effective. If you can get an entire section to start sharing in your actions and that begins to spread, the bad press will put management on the hot seat. I have ZERO issues with this.

Just don't "boo" Santa or throw batteries at the opposing team. :whistle

What does a real fan do then- pretend everything think is just fine and dandey and tell ownership to keep up the good work? This team has practically gone an entire generation without a winning record, the fans can't blindly root on a losing team forever without protest.

Wow, you sure took what I said and ran with it....in a totally different and absurd direction then was intended.

I just don't agree with fans turning their back on their team or putting a bag on their head as if they are 'ashamed' to be a fan. It's not how I'd go about things personally and I'd lose respect for a fan that did that.

162-0 or 0-162, you stand by your team if you are a real fan.

Simply not paying for tickets would send a much larger message then showing up and making a mockery of that individual game. Flood your local radio shows, start one of those internet sites, etc.

I like what Michael Keaton did last year (I think) he was to throw out the ceremonial pitch and he did, as a fan, in his Pirates hat. He used that podium to criticize the ownership for not funding a competitive team and then he threw out the pitch. Does the average joe have that opportunity? No. They do however have several means to voice their opinion rather than turning their back on the players on the field.