Fundamental Baseball

Boog Sciambi

this team has the most difficult time playing FUNDAMENTAL BASEBALL.

Runner on 3rd in the first inning. they couldn't even make contact to get the run home. the other night it was second and third miguel was up... grounded to shortstop...the run scored but the runner on second could have advanced to third if he hit it on the right side of the plate. Josh johnsons inability to lay down a good sacrifice bunt, instead it was a double play. aaron boone a couple weeks ago on third base should have went on contact, instead ended up stranded on third and we lost.

i'd rather be getting blown out every night rather than losing games by 1 or 2 runs because they can't do the little things

SO FRUSTRATING.

this team has the most difficult time playing FUNDAMENTAL BASEBALL.

Runner on 3rd in the first inning. they couldn't even make contact to get the run home. the other night it was second and third miguel was up... grounded to shortstop...the run scored but the runner on second could have advanced to third if he hit it on the right side of the plate. Josh johnsons inability to lay down a good sacrifice bunt, instead it was a double play. aaron boone a couple weeks ago on third base should have went on contact, instead ended up stranded on third and we lost.

i'd rather be getting blown out every night rather than losing games by 1 or 2 runs because they can't do the little things

SO FRUSTRATING.

u read my mind and i say that everytime

I was a little critical on the Boone thing myself. But going on contact isn't his call. Chalk that up to either a manager's rookie mistake or something he saw in the numbers about our batter vs their pitcher that we don't know about. Sometimes I would love to see those scouting reports to know why managers (any manager) make certain decisions that are head scratchers to me.

Defense is killing us. And it's not the ones that the posters here want to blame. We have an "All Star" 3B that has 13 errors on the season. And that's being very kind. We have a SS that every one here is complaining because he didn't get the All Star nod that just happens to have the second most errors in MLB. But they are hitting over .300 so they are legitimate MGs. And yet we have a make shift CFer that plays like crazy, is more that adequete at the position, and still those same posters complain about him. Mainly because his average hovers around .250-.260.

But I do agree with that guy on 3rd thing. Actually look at our BA with RISP and I bet it is one of the worst. Last night Alfredo on 3rd no outs and the power guys coming up. Zilch. How many times have we seen that??? Tuesday they played solid fundamental baseball and we won.