Aliens

I do believe that there is probably life elsewhere, but most likely unlike anything we can comprehend. Assuming the life is carbon-based (it very well might not be), the stage in evolution could be radically different. The model of our species appears to be the most reasonable because it consists of the known compounds, lives in the only environment we know, and follows the only evolutionary track we know. A more advanced combination of matter could easily exist, but is beyond our level of understanding.

Having said that, it is a ridiculous opinion to hold that the government is covering up some sort of landing. Other than the fact that it is highly unlikely we will find an ounce of verifiable proof that life exists elsewhere, our government isn't competent enough to keep something that big a secret. Just think about it for a minute...at the time of Roswell, the US was just getting over the war and the nuclear era was just beginning. That is what essentially gave birth to the science fiction era.

Also...isn't it convenient that the alleged first contact with extraterrestrials comes at a point in human history when modern photography/videography have advanced to a commonplace utility? When humans can physically envision a flying object (the airplane)? Human history is extensive, dating back thousands of years, how come no written records of years past display ths slightest hint of extraterrestrial contact? At a time where governments were not as scientifically advanced or in a time of crisis, impelling them to cover up such a thing? Even when humans weren't aware that the Earth was round or revolves around the Sun, why is it so unlikely for other intelligent life to strangely appear? And I should note that strange objects in the backgrounds of Renaissance paintings is hardly proof, either.

The simply answer here is that Roswell was just the result of cultural hysteria, not reality. The only reason we have to believe right now that life exists elsewhere is pure probability. And quite frankly, I think our species will be gone before we ever know for sure.

from what?

I do believe that there is probably life elsewhere, but most likely unlike anything we can comprehend. Assuming the life is carbon-based (it very well might not be), the stage in evolution could be radically different. The model of our species appears to be the most reasonable because it consists of the known compounds, lives in the only environment we know, and follows the only evolutionary track we know. A more advanced combination of matter could easily exist, but is beyond our level of understanding.

Having said that, it is a ridiculous opinion to hold that the government is covering up some sort of landing. Other than the fact that it is highly unlikely we will find an ounce of verifiable proof that life exists elsewhere, our government isn't competent enough to keep something that big a secret. Just think about it for a minute...at the time of Roswell, the US was just getting over the war and the nuclear era was just beginning. That is what essentially gave birth to the science fiction era.

Also...isn't it convenient that the alleged first contact with extraterrestrials comes at a point in human history when modern photography/videography have advanced to a commonplace utility? When humans can physically envision a flying object (the airplane)? Human history is extensive, dating back thousands of years, how come no written records of years past display ths slightest hint of extraterrestrial contact? At a time where governments were not as scientifically advanced or in a time of crisis, impelling them to cover up such a thing? Even when humans weren't aware that the Earth was round or revolves around the Sun, why is it so unlikely for other intelligent life to strangely appear? And I should note that strange objects in the backgrounds of Renaissance paintings is hardly proof, either.

The simply answer here is that Roswell was just the result of cultural hysteria, not reality. The only reason we have to believe right now that life exists elsewhere is pure probability. And quite frankly, I think our species will be gone before we ever know for sure.

I've seen documentaries on the history channel discussing pre-videography/photography documentation of UFO's...

from what?

from what?

from what?

Guest FlummoxedLummox

There are other humanoids on our own planet. Why not somewhere in the infinite spans of the universe?

We look similar, because we have a shared evolutionary history. That's like saying, "my brother looks like me, why not a complete stranger?"

Dead Airman's Affidavit: Roswell Aliens Were Real

last words of a military solider, pretty interesting.

Airmen aren't soldiers, they're airmen. Soldiers are soldiers, marines are marines and sailors are sailors. I hate being an ass but that's a peeve of mine.