Orlando Magic Arena Deal Done

They spent 126 mil on a guy who's not a superstar...I still can't get over that.

I think Shard will do well in Orlando with a big man like Dwight to attract the post defense. In Seattle, it was basically him and Ray running the show. I don't think he's worth that much either, but he should do well, past his defensive inability. Was a shame when Seattle lost him. He'll be missed.

Guest ShaqandWade323

Seattle got a better SF in the draft in Durant. They were a below .500 team in Seattle with Allen, they're better off in the future without him.

Seattle got a better SF in the draft in Durant. They were a below .500 team in Seattle with Allen, they're better off in the future without him.

I think Seattle has made some great moves for rebuilding. Durant and getting Green, Delonte and Wally for Ray was so money. And then getting Kurt Thomas AND two future first rounders from the Suns for practically nothing was great. Thomas should be the veteran to keep these young kids in check. I just hope they don't move.

So Orlando's Triplex is getting done?

Oh boy....voters are going to have a field day come election time.

What the heck are you talking about? There was very solid support for the venues as far as opinion polls went. At the actual vote, people spoke, and there was overwhelming support from numerous sectors of the community. This was tourist tax money meant exactly for this kind of stuff. The only people who were mad were the convention people who keep demanding every penny be spent on them.

For the first time in a long time, Orlando is spending money on its actual citizens and not on out of towners.