Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Cabrera to 1B next year...

Featured Replies

Hammer was a college SS, played all over the place in the minors, OF, 3rd, and 1st until they tried to catching experiment...I think he would adjust and be fine at 1st or 3rd

Hammer was a college SS, played all over the place in the minors, OF, 3rd, and 1st until they tried to catching experiment...I think he would adjust and be fine at 1st or 3rd

 

:thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

I think when Miguel is in shape he's adequate at 3B. We just need to figure out a way to keep him in shape all season long. Hammer is also adequate in LF. I would move Hermida to 1B before moving Miguel or Hammer.

 

I don't put it on his weight control as much as I do his laziness. He has made some pretty impressive plays while being over weight. It's just the inconsistencies of those plays, and his jog down the 1B line, lead me to go with laziness. But hey, the final month and a half of the season is upon us. Watch those great plays increase and begin to have some consistency. Arbitration is right around the corner.

I get it, because all Miguel Cabrera cares about is money.

 

He can selfishly jog his way to a .340 average and 40 homers a year all he wants. In fact, if for every time he makes contact and it looks like it's going to be an out he just lies down in the batter's box, I say more power to him.

 

Miguel is a perfect example (Hanley as well) of a guy who's defense you simply don't care about. You put him at the position where his bat is worth the most and he is most tolerable in the field, and you don't even look back at him after that.

well, jacobs is dong ok as of the past few games, he might go back to the way he used to be, i dont think we need to switch Cabs to another position. we need treanor at catcher though

Bring up our 1st round pick Matt Dominguez to play 3rd and Cabrera at 1st

agreed

Assuming Cabrera were to move to 1B, which I would agree with Rampage and say leave it how it is and get a C and CF, move Hammer to 1B if it's decided to rid ourselves for Jacobs if you want my opinion, but hypothetically.

 

Who plays 3B then? Screw free agents or getting a young guy. I would say move Uggla to 3B and let him complete his transformation into Ty Wigginton. Let Amezaga fight off another Boone/Loretta type that we bring in for the bench, and Andino (who is still young enough to turn into some sort of player). That's plenty out of 2B when you account for the defensive upgrade, and Dan has the pop for the corner. And if you say then we'll need a longterm 2B. Good thing our top position prospect is Chris Coghlan, and that situation solves itself hopefully in 2009.

By moving Uggla to 3rd his errors will go through the roof because of the longer throws and his inaccurate arm. I hate the way people always want to move good hitting 2B and SS to other positions. There's no reason whatsoever to move Uggla out of 2B.

I may be mistaken but I believe the whole reason Uggla is a 2b is because he doesn't have a good arm.

 

We've deffinatly seen how poorly accurate it is, and the thought of him constantly going third to first has me a bit scared, but I'm not sure of it's strength.

A-Rod won't happen, but if he did...

 

We would arguably have the best 3 condensed players in the game.

By moving Uggla to 3rd his errors will go through the roof because of the longer throws and his inaccurate arm. I hate the way people always want to move good hitting 2B and SS to other positions. There's no reason whatsoever to move Uggla out of 2B.

I said hypothetically speaking. Man, tough crowd.

 

And errors are an awful judgment of a player's fielding ability by themselves, if you want to start nit picking.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.