September 5, 200719 yr Some key games for the 2nd week of this young season Miami @ Oklahoma TCU @ Texas Colorado @ Arizona State South Florida @ Auburn Oregon @ Michigan Notre Dame @ Penn State BYU @ UCLA Boise State @ Washington South Carolina @ Georgia Virginia Tech @ LSU Troy @ Florida Wisconsin @ UNLV Thursday Middle Tennessee State @ Louisville Navy @ Rutgers Oregon State @ Cincinnati NIU plays their first real home game of the year vs. SIU.
September 5, 200719 yr LSU is going to lay a beating on the Hokies. care to wager on that? what's a beating to you....20 or 30? Also, Junior neglected the "Someone has to win bowl" between Temple and Buffalo.
September 5, 200719 yr Over another top 10 team? 14-17+ Yeah, i'll take that....LSU's offense didn't light the world on fire either. Tech's defense hasn't been #1 in the country the last 2 years for no reason.
September 5, 200719 yr Is Sean Glennon the best a top 15-20 program can do? Seriously? No the best is a true freshman on their team named Tyrod Taylor...Is Matt Flynn any better?
September 5, 200719 yr besides VT-lsu, really looking forward to TCU-texas. TCU's defense is unbelievable, I can't wait to see them live.
September 5, 200719 yr oh and if VT wants a chance against LSU, they better put in Tyrod, cause that D-Line will be in the backfield all day after what I saw against ECU
September 5, 200719 yr oh and if VT wants a chance against LSU, they better put in Tyrod, cause that D-Line will be in the backfield all day after what I saw against ECU Bingo. Glennon is terrible.
September 5, 200719 yr oh and if VT wants a chance against LSU, they better put in Tyrod, cause that D-Line will be in the backfield all day after what I saw against ECU Bingo. Glennon is terrible. Glenn Dorsey is an absolute freak Easily the best d-lineman in the country. I can't say enough.
September 5, 200719 yr I'd never take a lower ranked OOC opponent on the road, against a SEC team, especially at night.
September 5, 200719 yr I must have missed the sacks that LSU gave up to Mississippi State. 3 of them to be precise. Your all nuts if you think this is a blowout. Xavier Adibi and Vince Hall laugh at Glenn Dorsey. Best LB combo in the country.
September 5, 200719 yr I must have missed all those sacks VT had against ECU. No I didn't, they had zero.
September 5, 200719 yr Next thing your gonna point out is that LSU has the best secondary in the country because they forced some grocery bagger of a quarterback into all those INT's. I'm not worried that the Hokies won't cover and have a small chance to win the game. The hokies had a lot to deal with in that game against ECU. I'd take ECU over Miss State too.
September 5, 200719 yr Author LSU is going to lay a beating on the Hokies. care to wager on that? what's a beating to you....20 or 30? Also, Junior neglected the "Someone has to win bowl" between Temple and Buffalo. You seem pre-occupied with my 8th favorite team has a first name, it's H-O-K-I-E-S.
September 5, 200719 yr I can't wait for the Miami/Oklahoma game. I actually get to watch it on TV, yeah! Baby J and Graig Cooper got me extremely excited about this season. Not to mention Kenny Phillips and Calais Campbell. Some Oklahoma fans think it will be a route and Miami has absolutely no chance. Why? I don't know but it will be a fun game to watch. New Mexico State comes into Albuquerque Saturday to face UNM. Rocky Long(head coach of UNM) says this is the best Aggie team in the last 7-8 years. Hopefully UNM is ready to go. Our offense looked horrible against UTEP last Saturday but our deffense is studly this year led by one of the best CBs in the Nation, DeAndre Wright. If our QB can actually get the ball to our two stud WRs I think we will win this game easily since we are at home. Rodney Ferguson will get his rushing yards as he does every week and our deffense will keep us in the game. It's all up to our young Sophmore QB to execute this week. If we start off the season 0-2, we are in serious trouble.
September 5, 200719 yr IU takes on Western Michigan hoping to come away with a win and LSU is gonna win big
September 5, 200719 yr LSU over VT by a mile Not that anyone cares but JMU hosts UNH this Saturday - can't wait, it will be my first college football game
September 5, 200719 yr Very unhappy that Temple is still in the Bottom 10 and that Syracuse and UVA arent listed.
September 5, 200719 yr LSU is light years ahead of VT. And Matt Flynn is a pretty good QB. I'll say it's a two touchdown win, but early in the season you never know. Death (Deaf) Valley at night is the best homefield advantage in the country. Just simply brutal to play there when those fans have had all day to loosen up.
September 5, 200719 yr Beware TCU and South Florida on the road........they will both be close and one of them will win IMO. Also, Virginia Tech is in trouble. It will be close because Virginia Tech's defense will pound the crap outta the LSU offense and Matt Flynn, but it's a night game in Deaf Valley and Glennon sucks. Tech SHOULD be starting Tyrod Taylor (and will be soon IMO), but even if they were, a true frosh QB in that enviornment isn't a good idea either. Which leads me to my next point....Jimmy Claussen is going to have bad things happen to him Saturday. Penn State wins big.
September 5, 200719 yr VT is horribly over-rated I am more interesting in seeing what the miami defense can do to Oklahoma. I think that will be a pretty fun game to watch, the best defense vs a great offensive team in Oklahoma.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.