Who Screwed the Pooch Tonite?

Fish Fillet

Gotta be Jack. Among his brain farts tonite:

A) Didn't put Lee on the line for Jeters 612th double of the night

B) Yanked Beckett after he gave up *GASP!* 4th hit of the night

C) Compounded yanking Beckett by putting Willis in

D) Let Willis walk the world before going to Fox

E) Didn't pinch-run for Conine in the 7th with Carcy

Also, in the 1st runners-up position for waste of skin tonite is Sea Bass. Forget the fact that he couldn't hit the ground if he fell out of a tree -

the fact that he killed, sluaghtered, murdered, wasted and otherwise completely pissed away a possible rally in the 7th is unforgivable.

If the Fish lose the series this will be the game we all look back on...

My vote goes to McKeon for pulling Beckett.

Why is it that suddenly because of 1 or 2 outings, DTrain becomes some perfect lefty option out of the pen?

Why exactly did Beckett get pulled again? Because he was pitching too well??? He gave up a hit, so what? He was over 100 pitches, so what?

Also Pudge should've scored on Cabrera's single. Ozzie's got to be able to get Pudge home if there's a bobble, which there was.

Terrific job by Lee and Lowell tonight. Way to come through in the playoffs guys! :thumbup

I cannot remember Castillo ever looking so absolutely whipped at the plate since his rookie season.

Its easy to second guess, none of those moves lost the game.

The only thing that sticks in my crawl is Gonzalez not getting the bunt down. If your going to hit 090 you should be able to bunt. Castillo striking out 3 times was also really disturbing.

As usual games come down to execution, we simply didn't do that tonight. We had plenty of opportunities.

I hope to God I never see DLee in a Marlins uni again after this year

same can go for Alex

AND DAMMIT PLAY ENCARNACION, HE DESERVES IT

I'd almost sit Lowell & play Cabs at 3rd & Enc in right.

Lowell's been helpless.

Sea Bass is so bad it's not even worth discussing. He did get a nice double early, but can't even lay down a bunt....sigh...

I hope to God I never see DLee in a Marlins uni again after this year

same can go for Alex

AND DAMMIT PLAY ENCARNACION, HE DESERVES IT

I'd almost sit Lowell & play Cabs at 3rd & Enc in right.

Lowell's been helpless.

Sea Bass is so bad it's not even worth discussing. He did get a nice double early, but can't even lay down a bunt....sigh... Enc deserves to play... And he hits the Yanks really well, anyway.

Once again, for the umpteenth time... Cabs at SS, Carcy in OF and Sea Bass at AAA.

Alex can't bunt.

Castillo...worst game of his career? How do you swing at that same pitch 10 times? It was during his ABs that I really started to get a sour feeling. It was almost blatant stupidity. Somebody needs to talk to him tonight and get that s*** straightened out.

Lee. Just missed a double down the line in the 6th, but that's not good enough. That 0-2 pitch was pure meat and should've been driven into the OF. Honestly, for the number of fly balls he hits, how come it seems like he never hits a sacrafice fly? I don't buy all that anti-clutch stuff, but it does make you wonder...

Pudge. Yeah, he doubled. Not great baserunning, but that's not entirely his fault. Other than that double? I didn't see many quality ABs. That's two games in a row now of him putting bad swings on the first pitch. Why the sudden change in approach?

Lowell. Not good.

The bullpen. Didn't even give us a chance.

Jack. Why pull Beckett when ONLY Jeter had any hits against him? I don't know enough to say when DLee should be positioned in the 8th inning. I'll let the experts handle that one.

and why is Dontrelle considered a f***ing setup guy now?

sheesh

Why is Willis pitching at all?

Granted, the guy was the best thing to happen this season, but his ERA is in the stratosphere. He walks hitters like it's his job.

I'd rather see Bump (remember him?), Fox, or even Looper before I see a kid with broken mechanics and an ERA over 10 come in and walk everyone he sees.

If Bump, Looper and Tejera aren't good enough to pitch in the postseason than Willis shouldn't see the light of day either.

The blame game

Fault #1: Dumbass Umpire manufacturing a Yankee Run

Fault #2: Derek Lee for failing to drive in Pudge from 3rd with 1 out.

Fault #3: Gonzalez for not being able to bunt.

Fault #4: McKeon not having the lines guarded

Fault #5: Lifting Beckett after Jeter double, because of tie instead of AT LEAST 2R lead without f**k-ups 1-4

The Marlins are a team that does the little things right. Without doing these little things they are going to lose. They are not going to slug out of trouble.