a dream...gone

BEEEP... BEEEEP... BEEEEEP...SCHMACK

The sound of the room fills with silence as i glance at my now broken alarm clock. As I sleepingly gaze at the clock, I see that its allready 7:45 in the morning. Oh crap exactly how long did I hit snooze for. I was in the middle of the best dream. The Marlins made it to the playoffs...beating out the Phillies who where favored by most...BEEP BEEEP BEEEEEP smack...The snooze button continued this dream.

The Marlins make the trip to the heavily favored San Francisco Giants, after losing the first game while I was staring at my alarm clock deciding if I should get up. I decided to catch a few more winks. In my dream they actually sweep the next three games from the Giants with so many dramatics only in a dream could this have actually happened.

Then the Fish take a trip to Wrigley field and take the first game heroically...BEEP BEEP BEEP pound. I look at the clock, and decide to go to the bathroom and continue this awesome dream I was having. While I was awake the Cubs won the next three games, but as in my dreams the Marlins win the next three games on clutch hitting by...Gasp...Derrick Lee! I soon realize that this has to be a dream because there is no way DLee would be able to come through like that.

I lie there in my room snuggled under a blanket dreaming about the world series. The Marlins take round 1 of a 7 round battle against the much hated Yankees. It didn't seem to matter that the yanks triple the Marlins payroll because the way the fish where playing noone could beat them. They shocked the world by taking said game...BEEP...BEEEEP...BEEEEEEP....SCHMAAAAAAACCCKKK! oh crap I have got to wake up or I'm going to get fired.

Thus this leads to the end of a dream run by the Marlins. No more shocking the world because this could only be a dream, and like all great dreams you never reach the end of them. This dream like all others will be forgetten with only a small remberance of things that happened. The yelling fans...gone. The clutch hitting...gone. The feeling that for once just once payroll didn't matter...gone. The thought that for once I was backing a winner...gone. The memories of the Cub fans with their tears rolling down their faces...gone. The beyond natural way that a small market team that was all but eliminated from the playoff during spring training could actually compete with a team that was renowned for buying 26 national championships...gone.

Its up to us not to let this dream be forgotten.

Is this season over...IMO...unfortunatly yes :(

the thing is we cannot forget the dream and dwell on reality. We have got to remember all the good things that have happend. If everyone can remember the feeling of game 6 or 7 of the NLCS. The proud feeling of being a Marlin fan, wearing your teal and feeling as if noone was scoughing at you...rather...looking at you thinking that the Marlins have a real shot at winning it all. That is the feeling we should remember. Wear your colors proudly men because second best is still pretty damn good!

no i was not breast fed at all. The fact remains what I saw tonight...in a game that we should have won, they fell apart. This isn't the Cub's we are playing right now, with their loser ways. This is the Yankees with the best team money can buy. I have been here all year, and predicted the Marlins would come back strong and have a good chance at making the playoffs while we where still under .500. This isn't the team I know. The team I know fights til the end. The only ones fighting in this series are Juanpy, Becket, Penny, and Cabs. Unfortantly 2 of those 4 can't play everyday.

Im not down on this team because all good things must come to an end...could the Fish come back? Yes. but its less likely to come back from a 2-1 defficet(sp) against the yanks than it is coming back from 4-0 against the Cubs in a 7 game series.

If they do come back you can shove a fully grown pineapple up my bum. i will take it with a smile. I would love to be wrong here. In fact Im yearning for that pineapple right now.

but its less likely to come back from a 2-1 defficet(sp) against the yanks than it is coming back from 4-0 against the Cubs in a 7 game series.

And exactly how many teams have come back from a 4-0 deficit?

If they do come back you can shove a fully grown pineapple up my bum. i will take it with a smile. I would love to be wrong here. In fact Im yearning for that pineapple right now

All of a sudden for some reason I really want the Marlins to lose. Dude, at least try to conceal your latency. Thanks.

All of a sudden for some reason I really want the Marlins to lose. Dude, at least try to conceal your latency. Thanks.

crap I wrote that and I still don't want the marlins to loose...perhaps we a looking a little to deep into this little peace of writing.

Exactly how many teams have come back from 4-0.

my point exactly.

The thing I don't understand is that we can curse this team and get mad. But as soon as one of us gets sad we are Public Enemy #1.

did you watch the game tonight? The Marlins gave up. I watched all of game 2 against the Cub's (11-3 if I remember correctly) and you could see in their eyes that they wheren't through yet. They tried until out #27. Tonight other than Juanpy and Conine they quit about the time the Yankees tied it.

Did you see the look of the dugout when the camera would go in there...it was as if they finally realized what they where doing. Not that they gave up trying to win...rather gave up THINKING they could win.

Yeah, your right, the Marlins said "ya know what, we're about to be down 2-1, screw it, lets go golfing."

You're stupid.

How many times do you have to see this team to know that's not going to happen?

sigh...the saddest thing is that you quoted me...

i said its not that they have given up TRYING to win...but it looked like they have given up THINKING they could win.

are they going to come out and try their hardest to win? yes...

did it look like they believed they could do it...if you looked at them...no

im all for free speech and i know this is a forum where ppl have different opinions but can we ban these a**holes who claim to be marlin fans but think we lost it already cuz we r down 2-1. im sure u were on of those ppl who thought we were done after game 4 in the nlcs and wut happened we came back and won three in a row so stfu and go back to ur hole. :fyou f u all u doubters we dont need ya

hey you piece of s*** under cover yankee fan...it's not over till WE say it's over. Any REAL marlins fan knows that the Fish will fight the yanks to death...I don't care if we're down 3-1, we're still going to win this s***. The fish have already proved everyone wrong...they beat prior and wood ( the only time that happened in the season) and on the road...it doesn't get any tougher than that for any team. The FISH are here to WIN IT ALL!

Bring on Clemens and Wells, we'll bat their asses all the way to the elder home.

Guest marlins02

BEEEP... BEEEEP... BEEEEEP...SCHMACK

The sound of the room fills with silence as i glance at my now broken alarm clock. As I sleepingly gaze at the clock, I see that its allready 7:45 in the morning. Oh crap exactly how long did I hit snooze for. I was in the middle of the best dream. The Marlins made it to the playoffs...beating out the Phillies who where favored by most...BEEP BEEEP BEEEEEP smack...The snooze button continued this dream.

The Marlins make the trip to the heavily favored San Francisco Giants, after losing the first game while I was staring at my alarm clock deciding if I should get up. I decided to catch a few more winks. In my dream they actually sweep the next three games from the Giants with so many dramatics only in a dream could this have actually happened.

Then the Fish take a trip to Wrigley field and take the first game heroically...BEEP BEEP BEEP pound. I look at the clock, and decide to go to the bathroom and continue this awesome dream I was having. While I was awake the Cubs won the next three games, but as in my dreams the Marlins win the next three games on clutch hitting by...Gasp...Derrick Lee! I soon realize that this has to be a dream because there is no way DLee would be able to come through like that.

I lie there in my room snuggled under a blanket dreaming about the world series. The Marlins take round 1 of a 7 round battle against the much hated Yankees. It didn't seem to matter that the yanks triple the Marlins payroll because the way the fish where playing noone could beat them. They shocked the world by taking said game...BEEP...BEEEEP...BEEEEEEP....SCHMAAAAAAACCCKKK! oh crap I have got to wake up or I'm going to get fired.

Thus this leads to the end of a dream run by the Marlins. No more shocking the world because this could only be a dream, and like all great dreams you never reach the end of them. This dream like all others will be forgetten with only a small remberance of things that happened. The yelling fans...gone. The clutch hitting...gone. The feeling that for once just once payroll didn't matter...gone. The thought that for once I was backing a winner...gone. The memories of the Cub fans with their tears rolling down their faces...gone. The beyond natural way that a small market team that was all but eliminated from the playoff during spring training could actually compete with a team that was renowned for buying 26 national championships...gone.

Its up to us not to let this dream be forgotten.

Is this season over...IMO...unfortunatly yes :(

the thing is we cannot forget the dream and dwell on reality. We have got to remember all the good things that have happend. If everyone can remember the feeling of game 6 or 7 of the NLCS. The proud feeling of being a Marlin fan, wearing your teal and feeling as if noone was scoughing at you...rather...looking at you thinking that the Marlins have a real shot at winning it all. That is the feeling we should remember. Wear your colors proudly men because second best is still pretty damn good!

stop watching then, but if they turn it around dont dare come around here saying you believed in this team all along like this one prick... i aint saying no names but i think we all know.