Last night just proved again

Marlins2003

If there was ever a chance for people to see why we need an all-weather stadium it was last night's game. I do think the umps wasted alot of time waiting to call the rain delay but that's life.

Watching Dontrelle trying to warm up in the poring rain (and for those of you who weren't there, it was coming down hard), I felt sorry for DW, and for Beckett too. Not only did he get soaked warming up, then he had to sit for forty-five minutes.

I hope the powers that be made that connection last night.

Mussina and Rivera also have extensive post-season experience. Dontrelle didn't need any distractions, but at least Fox was able to bail him out.

Getting back to the stadium....

I was there and the rain sucked a**. We bought a program and had two of the giveaway photos, and the program was ruined and the photos got bent. I would love to see a ballfield where the dirt and seating areas are covered and the outfield is open. Of couse it isn't going to happen but I can dream, can't I?

Miami definitely deserves a baseball stadium! I think it's very sad that one of the biggest media markets in the country has its baseball team playing in a football stadium. That's why I think so many people don't show up to our baseball games. Who wants to go to a baseball game when they rain out 20 times a year? Our community has proven that if you build a new stadium, the fans will show up. Just look at the Miami Heat and Florida Panthers. They have state of the art arenas and the Marlins don't have anything and we're in the WORLD SERIES! The Marlins are the only team in our community that has a world championship in the last few years and our fans have shown that we deserve better!

GO MARLINS!