Justin Miller, Marlins agree to terms

JonDigital

I am amazed how Mitre's name pops up in so many threads. Many love him. many hate him. I just think he had a few good outings but not enough of them. However in the land of the blind the subpar starter is king. I don't believe he will be a Marlin much longer because he is pricing himself off the roster. He just isn't as good as he believes, at least he hasn't been so far

I am amazed how Mitre's name pops up in so many threads. Many love him. many hate him. I just think he had a few good outings but not enough of them. However in the land of the blind the subpar starter is king. I don't believe he will be a Marlin much longer because he is pricing himself off the roster. He just isn't as good as he believes, at least he hasn't been so far

Mitre is pretty valuable for 2008 for the sole reason he can eat innings up until the trade deadline and allow, specifically, Volstad and Gaby to develop in AA/AAA for another 15-20 starts before coming up and playing with the men. He's not pricing himself off the roster. He's not going to be a major arbitration case. He's getting bumped off the roster for better long term pieces. We just have 20-25 guys who throw fireballs that will all be MLB ready sometime in 2009. That's nothing against Mitre, it's just this organization has stock piled pitching. I don't even understand the Mitre isn't as good as he believes part. There is nothing wrong with him as a back of the rotation starter. Especially in a pitcher's park in the NL.