Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Justin Miller, Marlins agree to terms

Featured Replies

I am amazed how Mitre's name pops up in so many threads. Many love him. many hate him. I just think he had a few good outings but not enough of them. However in the land of the blind the subpar starter is king. I don't believe he will be a Marlin much longer because he is pricing himself off the roster. He just isn't as good as he believes, at least he hasn't been so far

I am amazed how Mitre's name pops up in so many threads. Many love him. many hate him. I just think he had a few good outings but not enough of them. However in the land of the blind the subpar starter is king. I don't believe he will be a Marlin much longer because he is pricing himself off the roster. He just isn't as good as he believes, at least he hasn't been so far

Mitre is pretty valuable for 2008 for the sole reason he can eat innings up until the trade deadline and allow, specifically, Volstad and Gaby to develop in AA/AAA for another 15-20 starts before coming up and playing with the men. He's not pricing himself off the roster. He's not going to be a major arbitration case. He's getting bumped off the roster for better long term pieces. We just have 20-25 guys who throw fireballs that will all be MLB ready sometime in 2009. That's nothing against Mitre, it's just this organization has stock piled pitching. I don't even understand the Mitre isn't as good as he believes part. There is nothing wrong with him as a back of the rotation starter. Especially in a pitcher's park in the NL.

I wonder how far down the line he is to have a shot at the closer's role if Gregg gets traded.

I'd say none. He's sort of like a righties specialist.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.